You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Janitorial and Maintenance Assistant
B'nai B'rith Camp
6443 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy
Portland, OR 97221
Location: Oregon Coast - Otis, OR
B'nai B'rith Camp seeks a dynamic, experienced Janitor to help maintain the BB Camp facilities. The Janitor is responsible for assisting in maintaining the property, primarily the interior of buildings, including floors, carpet, rugs, windows, walls, and the outdoor grounds. This position will also be assisting the maintenance team on all large projects and will be expected to support all staff teams in the general maintenance of the facilities, as needed.
The Janitor will report to the Facilities Director and work closely and collaboratively with the organization's on-site staff members, campers, and guests. This position must strictly adhere to the organization's policies and procedures, including those covering privacy, security, and codes of conduct. The Janitor will also focus on always maintaining confidentiality and respecting campers' and guests' privacy in accordance with policies.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works cooperatively as a team member & maintain positive working relationships
- Attends, participates in, and completes orientation, training, and educational activities as required
- Attends and participates in department meetings.
- Dresses appropriately, following appropriate dress policies and guidelines. Must be able to maintain consistent attendance as per job requirements and organization's policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to maintain skills required to perform single, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills to meet changing job conditions
- Must be able to plan and coordinate small projects, prepare and maintain accurate records; and safely handle hazardous materials
- Must be able to independently carry out assigned tasks demonstrating good time management & personal motivation
- Demonstrates knowledge of use and care of trade-related tools and equipment
- Works cooperatively with staff in all departments to meet the unique needs of each department or campers/ guests
- Must be able to perform occasional, moderately heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds without assistance), carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; prolonged standing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity
- Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 60% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under temperature extremes and in a generally hazard free environment walking, working from ladders, bending, stooping, reaching and twisting on a regular basis
- Must be able to prioritize workload and respond appropriately to change.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing using the English language
- Must be able to assure customer satisfaction by providing quality services
- Interacts in respectful, friendly and supportive manner with campers and guests in all areas
Note: This job description is representative of the major position requirements and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
$25,000 - $35,000
About B'nai B'rith Camp: B'nai B'rith Camp, located on the Oregon coast, is the premier Jewish camp in the Pacific Northwest. Since 1921, B.B. Camp has been dedicated to providing the finest Jewish summer camp experience for today's campers while preparing them to be tomorrow's community leaders. Since 2006, B.B. Camp has been serving the local community with our day camp programs. In addition to our summer camp programs, we rent our facility for conferences, retreats, and special events. B'nai B'rith Camp is open to everyone. B'nai B'rith Camp is licensed by the State of Oregon, accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA), and a member of the JCC Association. www.bbcamp.org