Location and Job Title:
Summer Camp Director - Metairie [Seasonal Position]
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
Part-time: January - May
Full-time: June and July (Camp Season)
Responsible for leading a Summer Day Camp program for children ages 3 to grade 8 by working with the Assistant Camp Director to develop and implement quality programs and experiences in a safe and nurturing Jewish environment.
- Create, implement, and oversee programming for Summer Camp in conjunction with camp team.Functions include but are not limited to: ensuring safety of campers and staff, adhering to camp budget, develop camp wide programs, supervision of staff and day to day operations of camp, after care, oversight of CIT program, manage lunch program, and provide building coverage when necessary.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, evaluate and train 70+ part-time staff.Be a resource and role model for campers and staff on camp-related issues, and instill an understanding of the camp as a larger part of the JCC. Provide an atmosphere that instills good morale and well-being,
- Ensure successful recruitment and retention of campers and staff by developing and implementing a communication and marketing strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 + years significant leadership experience in camp/educational environment setting and in supervision of youth and staff
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans
- Ability to communicate effectively with teachers, co-workers, parents, and children.
- Knowledge in Jewish programming is preferred.
- Experience with CampMinder preferred
- CPR/First Aid certifications required upon start.
- Positive, friendly, outgoing, and possess excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, dependable, and articulate, and strong work ethic
- Team player with good character and integrity
- Exhibit professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to accept guidance and supervision
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to ascend/descend stairs to move throughout the work location
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.