Location and Job Title:
JCC of Greater Buffalo
2640 N Forest Rd
Amherst, NY 14068
The Senior Accountant will contribute to the vision, mission and values of the Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo by assisting the Chief Financial Officer in providing timely, accurate financial information to Board of Directors of the JCC, Management, other internal personnel who request information and to outside people, agencies or companies requesting financial information in addition to assisting with other projects as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process end of shifts/days and create bank deposit.
- Reconcile Credit Card bank account.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule for any additions.
- Maintain deferred expenses and revenues schedule.
- Provide back-up support for AR, AP and payroll processing.
- Support program staff and CFO for any accounting needs.
- Maintain accurate record keeping with clear audit trails
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance (GAAP) and internal policies & procedures. Identify any weaknesses in accounting processes; streamline as necessary and make recommendations to the CFO.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Prepare and process monthly drafts of member accounts.
- Perform the timely and accurate month end close of the general ledger, including prepare and record journal entries, prepare consolidating and elimination entries, prepare admin allocation entries, prepare accumulated depreciation entry, and review financial data to identify and resolve significant variations to budget.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts in general ledger, ensuring that all discrepancies and reconciling items are resolved prior to financial statement distribution.
- Reconcile and enter our Paypal, Stripe, and ShowClix transactions.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package for all department leaders.
- Assist the CFO in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Assist with annual audit.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Brittany Filipski at email@example.com
- 2 Year Degree in Accounting, 4 Year Degree preferred.
- 3-5 Years experience in Accounting with responsibilities of monthly close, budgets.
- Experience working with MIP
- Experience with ADP a plus
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong skills with Microsoft Excel and various accounting software, as well as working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook
Schedule: Full time exempt position, Monday - Friday
$65,000 - $75,000
JCC of Greater Buffalo - Office located at our Benderson Building at 2640 N Forest Road Getzville, NY 14068