Location and Job Title:
Human Resources Generalist /Accounting Associate
1901 Ocean Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11223
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Provides support in interpreting and implementing Human Resource policies, practices, and procedures and communicates regularly with employees to facilitate problem-solving and resolve human resource issues, including employee benefits issues.
- Ensures all new employees have an excellent on-boarding experience and oversees the off-boarding process for employees leaving the Center.
- Ensures the Center's compliance with all HR-related Federal, State, and City laws, rules, and regulations. Maintains and updates SCC employee's handbook regularly.
- Generates and processes all personnel action notices needed to activate payroll and/or employee benefit program changes on time and generates reports requested by management.
- Develops and utilizes the most efficient and cost-effective paperless onboarding process.
- Creates and maintains personnel files on all active and inactive employees, placing all necessary paperwork. Works with staff to collect missing documentation, signatures, and information.
- Assists the Accounting team in all phases of day-to-day detail operations.
Benefits: paid vacation, sick leave, parental leave, medical, retirement plans, leave early for Shabbat, Life Insurance.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft office software and QuickBooks.
- Attention to details and accurate record-keeping a must.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Highly organized, focused, and diligent.
- Able to work with minimal direction; ability to take direction.
- Duration: full-time
45,000 - 55,000
Sephardic Community Youth Center (The Center).
Located in Brooklyn, NY 11223