Location and Job Title:
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview:The Development Manager will be responsible for the management and implementation of fundraising efforts to meet the financial goals for the York Jewish Community Center, including budgeting, forecasting and report creation, cultivation and stewardship of donors, sponsor recognition and communication strategies, coordination of volunteers, and donor data entry.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of the JCC Development Plan that incorporates a range of strategies including annual appeals, major donors, corporate and individual appeals, fundraising and special events.
- Cultivate, manage, steward, and track relationships with all donors and prospects including individuals and corporations.
- Engage and secure stories/testimonials from donors and members for impact-related communication including website, social media, and direct communications.
- Leverage the CAO and CEO time in cultivating high-potential donors and prospects
- Represents and promotes the York JCC in the local community, developing positive working relationships with organizations and businesses.
- Plan, develop, and execute event logistics including relationships with vendors, speakers, guests, volunteers, and sponsors; oversee and coordinate event-planning committees.
- Work with JCC Advancement team to establish and execute cross-functional strategies to build overall stakeholder relationships.
- Collaborate with Department Directors to develop, expand, and refine case for support, supporting materials, and strategy.
- Accurately prepare and implement all donor records, correspondence, sponsor proposals/reports, mailings, and acknowledgments required to support ongoing fundraising activities.
- Provide staff support to the Board's Fund Development Committee and lead efforts to involve, educate, and motivate Board members in the JCC's fundraising efforts.
- Generate and provide detailed progress reports to the CAO/CEO regularly.
- Manage in a fiscally sound manner and work to meet/exceed development department budget.
- Serve as a "clearinghouse" for all potential JCC-driven solicitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Positively and actively, promote the JCC's mission, membership programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC members and the public. Serve as a role model for members and staff demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, and an effective work ethic.
- Be familiar with the mission and vision statements and Core Values of the York JCC. Model the core values while working and communicating with members and staff.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information about staff, and use discretion when sharing any such information within legal confines
- Model the Core Values while working and communicating with members and staff
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years in fundraising, sales, and event planning experience, CFRE a plus
- Proven experience developing and cultivating individual and corporate relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, donors, and staff.
- Ability to prioritize multi-campaigns and follow through with minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills with demonstrated success in proposal writing.
- Proficient computer and software knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.), including CRMs.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
Work Schedule: o Full-time, Exempt
$45,000 - $55,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming