Location and Job Title:
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking for a high-energy individual to be the Sports Director at our JCC in South Florida. The Sports Director will have the opportunity to deliver exceptional and outstanding wellness & sport programs and services to both youth and adult program participants. The position is directly responsible for the growth, development, implementation and daily operations of all community sports and fitness programming including group exercise classes, sports classes & leagues, sports camp & vacation days, afterschool enrichment sports, and more. This includes the management, planning, organization, marketing, promotion, staffing, and evaluation of all functions of sports and fitness programming. The Sports Director is a highly visible representative of the Mandel JCC mission and character development values and champions our charitable impact in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance of the Managing Director, the essential tasks and expectations of this position necessary to provide leadership and direction for daily operations of a comprehensive Sports program include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, schedule, implement and supervise all sports and fitness programming;
- Recruit, interview, train, supervise, and develop staff to ensure that all department functions are managed, and administered;
- Manage the hours and wages of staff according to the department's budget;
- Work with the Marketing department to develop and execute local marketing strategies, including digital mediums;
- Cultivate relationships with key community partners, members, and outside organizations to further the mission of the Mandel JCC through collaborative approaches;
- Develop and manage annual department budget;
- Keep Managing Director and other member(s) of Senior Leadership aware of concerns related to program problems, equipment and facility concerns, personnel conflicts, and member concerns;
- Monitor and purchase necessary fitness and sports equipment and supplies;
- Monitor the cleaning, maintenance, functionality, and operation of all sports and fitness area facilities including the group exercise studio, gymnasium, and fields;
- Identify and develop specific programming aimed at serving target populations to meet community needs;
- Continually ensure staff maintain required certifications and are aware of the expiration dates of their current certifications;
- Contribute to the Mandel JCC mission of strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility;
- Teach or substitute for group exercise classes as needed;
- Display a professional, courteous, and tactful demeanor at all times;
- Perform quality work within given deadlines and expectations with or without direct supervision; work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other appropriate individuals;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Managing Director.
- A minimum of three years' of experience in program development, management of recreation facilities and outdoor recreation fields, superior customer engagement skills, financial management and reporting, and staff supervision is highly preferred;
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; College Degree preferred;
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook skills;
- Must possess and maintain CPR/First Aid Certifications;
- Experience and passion for group exercise, wellness, and/or youth sports;
- Comfort and ability to cold call prospects;
- Strong attention to detail, customer service skills and a great attitude and desire to help others achieve their goals;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with clients, vendors and outside contacts of agency;
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills with the proven ability to motivate and manage staff;
- Flexibility with your schedule- your work hours and work location;
- Willingness to learn and embrace the culture at the Mandel JCC.
45,000 - 55,000
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.