Location and Job Title:
Custodian/Building Maintenance Part time 30 hrs/week
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
This position supports the work at the JCC, a leading nonprofit cultural, educational center offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. Including: cleans and sanitizes assigned areas, mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping, and other related responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representation of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to erect, climb and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 20 feet.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment,
chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid,
powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate
motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and
- Ability to perform essential maintenance to the
facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following
activities: semi - shoveling; carrying, working with tools,.
- Work as a team member as necessary to complete
- Available to work on weekends as scheduled.
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.