Location and Job Title:
Senior Aquatics Director
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
This requires a proactive, collaborative and a detail-oriented mindset. Responsibilities include:
Management, supervision and oversight of:
- Lenny Krazelburg Swim Academy
- Swim lessons for in-house preschool and JCC camps
- Head Coach of the Karishim Swim Team
- Aquatics Operations and Program Director
- Aquatics full time and administrative staff
- Adapted Aquatics Swim Program
- Masters Swim Program
- Pool scheduling including drop in programs - lap, free and family swim
- All aspects of the JCC outdoor pool (seasonally).Providing aquatics programs and services for members, nonmembers and JCC programs including camps and preschool.
- Support JCC Greater Boston Mission, Vision and Values. Guide team in actualization of mission and goal attainment.
- Provides strategic and planning oversight for all aquatics operations.
- Develops and implements innovative programming, educational programs and recreational programs (in collaboration with others).
- Develops and manages budgets.
- Responsible for attainment of quality and financial goals.
- Provides thought leadership - staying current with industry and community trends and local competitive market and fostering program and operational innovation.
- Participate in the JCCGB Management Team Program. Attend JCCGB all staff meetings.
- Oversees all aspects of the indoor and outdoor (seasonal) pool operations.
- Works collaboratively with staff and internal partners to ensure quality operations, provides mutual support and delivers on organizational goals.
- Develops and monitors programs and services for children and adults.
- Provides budget oversight and financial reporting.
- Analyzes internal (Membership) and external (Community) data for Aquatics programming development and marketing.
- Develops and manages program and staff schedules.
- Actively solicits participant feedback and input from colleagues.
- Facilitates new program launches and refinements.
- Ensures Aquatics compliance with all safety protocols.
- Accessible on deck to both staff and members, providing excellent customer service at all times. Works with Maintenance staff on pool chemistry and other aquatics operations.
- Leads continuous improvement and manages trouble shooting.
- Will provide direct services on an "as needed" basis.
- Flexible to work nights, weekends, early mornings and be on-call. Other duties, as needs emerge or as assigned.
Supervises Aquatics staff. Practices excellent management skills - developing and supporting staff of lifeguards, swimming instructors and administrators. Interviews, hires and trains staff; plans, assigns and directs work; assures establishment of clear goals and work plans, ensures policy and legal compliance, coordinates performance management; develops/oversees employee related documentation, resolves issues and problems.Includes conducting staff training or train the trainer sessions.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with a wonderful community and a great team, please send a cover letter and your resume to HWMemail@example.com.
- A minimum of five years of Aquatics supervisory, program management and budgeting experience are required
- Industry specific certifications also required, LGT, CPO, CPR and First Aid
- BS in Physical Education or related field of study preferred, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills - able to develop strong relationships with staff, colleagues and customers
- Ability to work with multiple departments to plan, schedule and coordinate programs.
- Computer skills (E-mail, Word and Excel)
- Must pass all of the Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy Certifications, the JCC's learn to swim program, in addition to managing all of the program's management systems
- Ability to teach and train staff (CPOT, LGTT) preferred but not required.
- Able to work on site
- Able to lift small children in and out of water
- Ability perform all duties (physically) required to shock and de-chlorinate the pool
- Able to handle and be around pool chemicals
- Able to work many hours in an indoor pool setting (temperature and atmosphere)
- Must be a very proficient swimmer and able to perform water safety rescues
- Able to stand in pool water for long periods of time to teach classes
- Able to perform many tasks in a busy environment
65,000 - 75,000
JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
- creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
- welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
- supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
- nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
- expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, DEEC (Department of Early Education and Care) and the local and state Departments of Public Health. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants.