Location and Job Title:
Fitness Floor Staff
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
Ensures superior customer service to all members. Ensures that the Fitness Center and its Studios are clean and orderly. Provides fitness support for members while using the Facility.
- Be available to assist members when on duty and always be willing to serve members.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and represent the JCC in a positive light whether you are working your scheduled hours or just at the JCC on your own time.
- Assist in implementing fitness-based programming.
- Check member workouts for safety issues. Inform members when exercises are deemed to be unsafe.
- Become familiar with the members' names as a tool to aid in customer service. If you cannot answer a question from a member, admit that and find the Manager on Duty to assist the member.
- When not busy doing towels, cleaning, or performing other duties, re-stack weights, straighten fitness equipment in Fitness Center, and bring used towels from the spa and fitness floor to the laundry room.
- Enforce all policies and procedures of the Sports & Wellness Department.
- If either you or a JCC member determines that a piece of equipment is not operating properly or safely, notify the Manager On Duty immediately and restrict use of equipment.
- Complete the assigned cleaning duties during your shift. It will be the duty of the Manager On Duty to review and approve your cleaning/maintenance duties with you before your shift ends. You are not to leave to JCC at the end of a shift until the Manager On Duty deems that all closing operations are complete and releases you to leave.
- Continuously check televisions and music for appropriate volume levels and content. Change any stations which are inappropriate.
- Report any problems, supplies needed, or situations that arise needing immediate attention to the Manager On Duty.
- Maintain current CPR and AED Certifications.
- Must be 18 years or older.
The New Orleans JCC is a state-of-the-art fitness center and pool, a leader in New Orleans early childhood education, a fun-filled summer day camp and so much more. It is a place for adults to take an exercise class, an art class or dance class. A place for children and teens to experience learning through enrichment classes, sports leagues, family activities, and summer camps. The JCC is built on Jewish values, but is welcome to everyone.