Location and Job Title:
Youth & Teen Coordinator
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The Stamford Jewish Community Center (JCC) is seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual for the role of Youth & Teen Coordinator. The Youth & Teen Coordinator is a full-time entry level management position that reports directly to the Director of Youth Services.The position requires a high degree of flexibility and attention to detail. The Coordinator will aid the Director and support in all areas related to Youth and Teen programming as well as other program areas within the JCC.
KidsPlace (After School Program)
- Assist staff with classroom management and set up.
- Be attentive for facility or safety issues and bring them to the attention of the Director.
- Assist the Director in responsibilities including; first aid, program supervision and parent communication.
- Supervise Vacation Day Programming offered during school recess weeks and breaks.
- Assist counselors in developing their schedules and adjust program curriculum to meet the needs of the class.
- Observe groups and report any concerns or recommendations to the Director.
Youth & Teen Programming (Evenings & Weekend)
- Assist with the development and implementation of youth, tween and teen programming that will consist of community service projects, recreation and socialization opportunities operating during evenings and weekends.
- Development and exploration of new and innovative business models for travel based service programs (summer, school vacations, etc) for teens
- Build one-on-one and small group relationships with youth to nurture strengths and promote social and emotional growth.
- Build relationships with families to strengthen and promote social and emotional growth in youth.
- Ensure the building and maintenance of relationships with other teen-service organizations within the Stamford community.
- Assist with the coordination and support of the BBYO program at the Stamford JCC.
- The Youth & Teen Coordinator should be able to empathize with the youth experience and work to create fun, meaningful, and inclusive spaces for all youth, tweens and teens to thrive.
Youth & Teen Programming (Summer)
- Supervise teens and tweens within the Counselor In Training (CIT) program of Day Camps @ the J
- Assist with curriculum development for the CIT program and Upper Camp (4th-8th grades).
- Communicate with parents of Upper Camp and CIT program participants.
- Assist with behavior and group management as needed within Upper Camp.
Other JCC Responsibilities
- JCC wide program and event support
- Support JCC membership goals and objectives ensuring a positive member experience
- Other duties as assigned by AED and CEO of Stamford JCC
- Demonstrated effective communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask effectively under pressure.
- BA or BS in Education, Child Development, Youth Development or related field.
- Previous teaching experience and/or supervisory experience in school or camp setting preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Zoom and Google Classroom platforms.
- Community Center environment with both office and program responsibilities.
- Flexibility in work schedule is necessary based on the needs of the program, which will include evenings and weekends.
35,000 - 45,000
Founded on and guided by Jewish heritage, culture and traditions, the Stamford JCC provides a welcoming, inclusive and nurturing community for all people to help enrich their lives.