You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Sports & Recreation Coordinator
450 West Nyack Road
West Nyack, NY 10994
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Carrie Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Sports & Recreation and Children & Family Program Director, the Sports & Recreation Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing all aspects of the agency's sports/recreational programs for children and adults of all ages. The coordinator works in a team context to ensure that (1) programming is fulfilling the current needs of our membership and community, (2) that program space is utilized efficiently, effectively, and in collaboration with other agency/department programs, and (3) the mission, vision, values and brand of the JCC is fulfilled at all times
Duties and Responsibilities: Sports & Recreation Coordinator
- Oversee and administer existing youth and adult athletes programs, including outreach, communicating with players, rentals, referees, volunteer coaches, and league coordinators.
- Develop and implement new athletics programs including classes, leagues, tournaments and special events.
- Help the JCC manage its growing Pickleball program by engaging with the players, coordinating clinics, tournaments, etc., and help JCC members find playing partners.
- Maintain enrollment, statistical, attendance, inventory, and other records.
- Collaborate with the Children & Family Coordinator to develop, coordinate, and instruct after-school enrichment classes.
- Collaborate with the Fitness and Wellness Department to offer special programs and promotions.
- Develop and implement summer specialty programs in concert with the Camp Director.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate session staff/teachers for classes and special events.
- Purchase program supplies and equipment.
- Write copy for newsletters, website, flyers, and other marketing materials.
- Create and monitor budgets for all programs and classes.
- Act as delegation head for Rockland's delegation to the JCC Maccabi Games.
- Mange Eisenkraft Gymnasium usage and upkeep
- Assume evening and Sunday building coverage as assigned.
Specialized Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and verbal skills
- Teaching skills
- Ability to supervise and train support staff and coaches
BA/BS in secondary education, physical education, child development, or related field. Experience in coaching youth sports. Knowledge of sports rules and developmentally appropriate recreational activities.
- Working with computer one or more hours
- Ability to work nights and weekends on a regular basis
- Ability to work on feet several hours at a time
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising member care.
$45,000 - $55,000