Location and Job Title:
Preschool Teachers - Lead and Assistant - Full Time and Part Time
Shalom Austin JCC
7300 Hart Ln
Austin, TX 78731
We need you to fill the role of Preschool Lead or Assistant Educator for all our preschool ages (infants - PK). This is a FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT position. It's an exciting opportunity for a creative educator eager to collaborate with like-minded professionals in a progressive, mission-driven, non-profit organization. You'll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Lead a classroom in a cooperative, team situation using organizational strategies and critical thinking skills;
- Value each child as capable, resilient, and rich with both wonder and knowledge and instinctively discover with the children in their curiosity and investigations about the world;
- Implement time-management and behavior management strategies to adhere to daily classroom schedules including individual and group activities, classroom and playground times, enrichment projects, toileting/diapering, snacks/lunch, and rest/nap periods;
- Use open-ended questioning strategies and positive redirection, as well as provide facilitative classroom skills;
- Implement creative, hands-on activities using sensory and natural materials and based upon the interests of the children rather than simply based on designated themes;
- Cooperate to complete electronic weekly lesson plans, daily activity reports for children, child assessments, and individual/group documentation strategies;
- Partner daily with parents, infusing values in all classroom interactions and activities;
- Conduct parent/educator conferences twice a year
- Possess a Child Development Associate credential, degree in Education, or college coursework in child development;
- 2+ Years of experience in Early Childhood Education;
- Experience and/or degrees in a related field considered;
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (which may, depending on the position you are hired for, include an FBI fingerprint check);
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures.
$25,000 - $35,000
Compensation and Benefits
- We'll pay you an hourly salary of $13.00-$16.00.
- We offer outstanding medical insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, and we'll pay 80% of the premium cost on your behalf.
- We provide life and long-term disability insurance, and we pay 100% of the cost for you.
- We will give you lots of paid time off. First-year employees receive: 18 days of paid time off, and more than 15 Jewish and Federal holidays.
- We'll offer you up to a 50% discount for your kiddos in our amazing early childhood program, as enrollment allows.
- We understand that you need a work/life balance and that you have commitments outside of the workplace, so we'll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We'll provide you with the opportunity to make a difference in the Central Texas Jewish community every day.
What we care about:?
Shalom Austin is a community-minded, inclusive organization. We are committed to creating and supporting a safe, welcoming, and diverse?workplace?for all people regardless of race, religion, disability, gender, or sexual orientation.?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Shalom Austin and required for all employees and independent contractors.
The Shalom Austin Jewish Community Center (JCC) is one of the four branches of Shalom Austin. The JCC is your place to connect with the community, build friendships, improve physical fitness and overall wellness, and attend programs with family and friends. The "J" is open to all. It welcomes and respects people of all ages, fitness levels, interests and religions.
Located on the lush 40-acres of the Dell Jewish Community Campus, JCC members enjoy full access to the Sports & Fitness Complex, including the fitness center, free-weights room, full court gymnasium, aquatics center, tennis center and nature trail. Membership includes a variety of free in-person and online group fitness classes, access to youth and family programming, Early Childhood Program preschool, and after school activities. Members may also take advantage of early registration and discounts on programs and events such as summer camp (JCamps), enrichment classes, adult programming and more. The Jewish Community Center serves as the main programming division of the Jewish Community Association of Austin. The key programming areas under the JCC umbrella include Early Childhood, Sports & Fitness, Youth & Teen Services, and Jewish cultural and educational programs. JCC members enjoy full access to our outstanding Sports & Fitness facilities and also receive discounts on JCC programming such as JCC Camps, enrichment classes, special cultural events, and more. The JCC is a beneficiary of the Jewish Federation of Greater Austin Annual Campaign.