Location and Job Title:
Director of Marketing, Childrens Programming
Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan
334 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10023
JOB TITLE: Director of Marketing, Children's Programming
REPORTS TO: Head of Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Exempt commensurate with experience
DATE: April 2022
This Marketing Director position (one of six) is responsible for increasing awareness of, driving traffic to, and adding value to the JCC and its offerings by translating program goals into effective marketing communications. The position oversees marketing of children & family programming areas* within the JCC's acclaimed Wasserman Center for Family Life. Position will be expected to work in Upper West Side office with some remote work days.
- Work closely with the Marketing, PR, web, and programming teams to implement seasonal marketing strategy and campaigns.
- Develop marketing plans and timelines and manage projects from start to finish, keeping all stakeholders on track to achieve desired deadlines.
- Contribute to the overall vision of the areas, becoming a creative partner with programming team to enhance the visibility of campaigns and events.
- Oversee development of print and electronic marketing materials internally and with local vendors (digital and print) and partners.
- Oversee, with in-house web team, area-specific web pages
- Help devise creative social media content for both main and area-specific accounts
- Manage budgets and closely track expenditures on accounts
- Work in close collaboration with other marketers, internal design team, and web team
- Track and analyze effectiveness of marketing strategies via Google Analytics and other metrics
- Oversee and serve as mentor to Marketing Manager
- Other related duties as assigned.
*Includes the JCC's two summer camps (Camp Settoga and Day Camp @ the JCC), sports, aquatics, music, dance, creative arts, after-school clubhouse, Jewish learning classes, and other programs.
- Creative marketing instinct, with a critical and discerning eye towards messaging and design
- Zest for brainstorming new ideas in a collaborative setting geared towards imagining bold new marketing initiatives
- Superior project management skills on marketing campaigns large and small
- Meticulous organization, with ability to multi-task under pressure
- Willingness to embrace analytics with eye towards pivoting where necessary to achieve strategic ends
- Awareness of and aptitude for learning and integrating best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Copywriting know-how and experience in editing, with the ability to write creative and effective marketing copy under deadline
- Fiscally minded, with ability to manage and maintain multiple budgets
- Ability to analyze/interpret data from campaign results to set (and reset) priorities, and pivoting on strategy as needed
- Sense of humor essential
Health insurance, free membership for employee and family to the JCC Health Club, vacation days/major holidays and several Jewish holidays off, and discounts on JCC programs.
$56-63K, commensurate with experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Two to three years' post-collegiate experience, specifically in marketing/ communications account management at a nonprofit and/or in-house at a company or agency environment
- Pluses: prior work with kids, knowledge of local organizations that feature children's programming and/or UWS children's programming market
$55,000 - $65,000
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org