Location and Job Title:
Arts & Culture Manager
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Samantha Klein at email@example.com
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking for a high-energy individual with experience in and a passion for Jewish Art and Culture. The Arts & Culture Manager with work closely with the Arts & Culture Director and Arts & Culture Coordinator and assist in all aspects of events, memberships and registration. Events include year-round author talks, film presentations/talks, educational lectures, recitals and all components of the annual Palm Beach Jewish Film Festival. These events may be presented in-person or virtually, occasional evening or weekend.
The A&C Manager is someone who toggles between the strategic and the tactical, is both relational and analytical, detail-oriented and able to see the big picture, and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ability to manage and oversee an event from beginning to end including but not limited to creating a timeline of events, working with lay leaders, vendors, and talent, and preparing content, marketing, and logistical needs.
- Set ambitious and attainable programmatic goals and provide leadership and support to staff and board members to achieve these goals;
- Identify and evaluate talent and content to curate an annual portfolio of creative, compelling programs.
- Design and implement marketing and recruitment strategy that engages our target audiences;
- Regularly assess programs and promote excellence in implementation - including overseeing evaluation, communications with talent, catering, marketing, and communications;
- Develop and manage budgets for programming;
- Develop and deepen partnerships with Jewish and secular arts and culture stakeholders with an interest in serving the Jewish community;
- Coordinate cultural arts programming and activities with other JCC departments as well as outside agencies;
- Create meaningful relationships with the arts and culture community including members and participants, as well as other agencies and partners;
- Work with Development to identify potential corporate sponsors for the department and provide information on programming impact for existing sponsors;
- Manage all grants from conception through submission including but not limited to: monitoring funding opportunities that impact grants, engaging controller, director of marketing, and CEO as necessary to deliver content needed for submission, preparing back up and developing customized check lists, timelines and assignment of duties.
- Ensure members and donors are appropriately recognized on event slideshows, brochures, programs, etc.
- Ability to act as point of contact for community members wishing to renew or join Film and/ Literary Societies;
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of the different society levels, with the ability to clearly and concisely explain the differences via phone or email;
- Attend and participate in arts & culture committee meetings.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have at least 4+ years of relevant experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; College Degree preferred
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook skills;
- Demonstrable knowledge of Jewish history, tradition, culture preferred
- Experience in program development and delivery
- Strong working knowledge of Jewish values and traditions
- Comfort and ability to cold call prospects
- Compelling and thoughtful writer
- Feel comfortable asking questions to other members of department
- Flexibility with work hours and work location (i.e. Boynton Beach or Palm Beach Gardens campus) need by the business, including evenings and weekend events as needed
- Strong attention to detail, customer service skills and a great attitude and desire to help others achieve their goals
- Willingness to learn and embrace the culture at the Mandel JCC
- Strong people skills - you're approachable, a good listener, and empathetic
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively and independently to complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing tasks and demands
- Ability to work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with clients, vendors and outside contacts of agency
- Reliable form of transportation, ability to work in either JCC location or off-site is required
$55,000 - $65,000
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. JCC employees can use the on-site fitness facilities and take part in all of the programs available. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, and healthcare plans underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR JCC?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Staff Discount on our Programs