Location and Job Title:
Age Group Coach, Karishim Swim Club (KASC)
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
Are you an experienced Swim Coach seeking a new opportunity for your talents?
Karishim Swim Club (KASC) is looking for coaches who are dynamic team players and who are excited to contribute to their athletes' growth both in and out of the pool. Our coaches are also essential in helping KASC continue its growth in both size and achievement. Part-time and near full-time hours are available (22 hours per week plus weekend meets to start). Competitive compensation based on experience.
JCC Greater Boston is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background. We are guided by JCC Greater Boston core values - Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation - which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish.
- Prepares practices on a weekly basis based on phase of training and swimmer's needs/ability
- Maintains a focus on technique, skill development athlete development
- Submits all written practices to Head Coach at beginning of each week during training phase of employment
- Works closely with the Aquatics staff and other coaches to promote the club as a whole
- Participates in weekend swim meets as required (2 weekends a month)
- Attends all coach's meetings (approximately 4-5 per year)
- Helps determine swimmers' events for meet entries
- Coordinates training methodologies, drills and practice group goals with Head Coach
- Develops recruitment, retention and athletic development plans for new athletes
- Communicates with parents to ensure education and communication on all aspects of long term athletic development
- Develops roles and responsibilities of parents, swimmers and coaches as well as individual athletic plans
- Maintains good membership standing with USA Swimming and New England Swimming
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with a wonderful community and a great team, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the KASC family!
- USA Swimming certified or willing and able to become USA Swimming certified within the first 30 days of employment
- Prior USA Swimming coaching experience with athletes of all ages
- Able to exhibit strong effective teaching/communication skills
- Knowledgeable of stroke/skill technique, season and workout planning as well as dryland training/technique
- Interested in working with all levels of swimmers
- strong coaching skills: inspiring, goal setting, expanding swimmers' capabilities and encouraging
- able to use an effective approach when working, specifically being able to adjust/be flexible with different personalities and attentional levels
- has reliable transportation
Greater Boston requires that new employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at
time of hire. The JCC will consider requests for medical or religious
exemption that do not pose undue hardship or a direct threat to health or
- capable of working in a high temperature and high humidity environment for extended periods while wearing required personal protective equipment
- individual will need to demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with community members and coworkers in person, over email and on the phone
The JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
- creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
- welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
- supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
- nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
- expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. Over 93% of our staff have been vaccinated. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC and the state. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants.