Personal Trainers provide personalized attention, professional instruction, and exercise programming to each member to maximize the member's health, fitness, and wellness goals while providing the highest level of customer service.Responsibilities include training, program design, assessments, client retention and referral, and other miscellaneous duties in the fitness center.
* Current Nationally Recognized Personal Training certification (NASM, ACSM, ACE, AFFA, NSCA, IFPA, CSCS, ISSA)
* Current CPR/AED certification.
* Possess current knowledge and industry standards of excellence in exercise testing (assessments) and exercise prescription (program design).
* Current knowledge and ability to operate various fitness tools and equipment such as resistance tubes/bands, strength machines, cardio machines, kettlebells, fitness weights, exercise balls, etc.
* Possess a basic understanding of the principles of exercise, cardiovascular, strength and flexibility programming.
* Previous Personal Training experience is a plus!
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Existing Clientele is a Plus
* Possess honesty and personal integrity.
* Be enthusiastic, energetic, compassionate, personable and friendly.
* Be passionate, ambitious, driven, intelligent and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry.
* Excel in time management, organizational, and follow-up skills.
The Katie and Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center (JCC) is a friendly, welcoming, and inclusive community center in the Northeast area of Columbia, South Carolina. The mission of the JCC is to enhance the quality of life by providing comprehensive programs based on Jewish values, traditions, heritage, and culture. The JCC aims to promote unity through social, recreational, athletic, educational, and cultural programs, enriching and uniting the Jewish community and the community as a whole.
The JCC hosts a range of programs for people of all backgrounds, ages, and affiliation. Programs and special events for individuals and every family member include fitness, sports and recreational leagues, aquatics, summer camp, Jewish life, adult and senior activities, and community and member events.