You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Shalom Orlando Inc
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
While we are fixing bugs on this website, please note that only resumes and cover letters in a .pdf form can be uploaded
Shalom Orlando is the newly merged Roth Family JCC and Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando. Located in Maitland, FL, Shalom Orlando is the center of Jewish life in Central Florida. People invest in us to ensure we continue and grow our impact in Central Florida, Israel, and the worldwide Jewish community.
Our team consists of bright, energetic and talented people who have a passion for making a difference in the Jewish community in Central Florida, Israel and the worldwide Jewish community. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), PTO, holidays, and continuing educational opportunities.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, Shalom Orlando staff, and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the CEO's administrative liaison to Shalom Orlando's board of directors.
- Assists board members as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings.
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
- Ensures that the CEO's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders.
- Ensures CEO's blog and vlog are completed and edited in a timely manner
- Works with the CEO and Senior Management team in coordinating the CEO and organization's outreach activities.
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Edits all and creates acknowledgement letters from the CEO to donors.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Required Attributes and Competencies
- Good judgment in decision making; display initiative, enthusiasm, and strong people skills.
- Flexible, willing to take appropriate risks, and able to adapt to the changing needs of the agency and community.
- Good organizational skills and follow through
- Resolve conflict and differences in a positive manner
- Drive results with the ability to prioritize and delegate
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing those relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
PARENTAL LEAVE POLICY:
Shalom Orlando provides leaves of absence without pay to eligible employees for any of the following reasons:
The birth of a child and to care for such child.
The placement of a child with you for adoptions or foster care and to care for the newly placed child.
To care for a spouse, child or parent ("covered family member") with a serious health condition.
Eligible employees are normally granted leave up to a maximum of 12 weeks within a 12-month rolling period measured backward from the date of any leave usage.
If the initial period of approved absence proves insufficient, consideration will be given to a request for an
extension. Extensions will be provided based on operational requirements and business needs. However,
benefits will only be provided for the initial maximum of 12 weeks after which time the employee may apply for benefits continuation under COBRA.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (safety/weight belt provided, if requested). Specific vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
Travel may be required.
Salary Range - $55,000 - $65,000
$55,000 - $65,000
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.