Location and Job Title:
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The Stamford JCC Performing Arts department is seeking a dance instructor to teach programs in dance technique class levels ranging preschool-aged dancers, and students in grades K 8. We are looking for a teacher who can encourage and inspire our young dancers, while bringing energy and passion to classroom atmosphere.
Potential Styles of Technique:
- Acrobatics and Tumbling
- Set up and break down dance studio before and after class (put away barres, open and lock up stereo, put away mats etc.)
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before class time for proper preparation
- Stay with children until all students have been picked up by parent or guardian.
- Sign students in and out of every class
- Teach age-appropriate dance technique
- Create a warm and supportive classroom environment for all students
- Choreograph a dance at the end of every semester demonstrating the skills learned (ages 3+)
- Participate in all Dance Department staff meetings and special events such as performances or dance class demonstrations.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Stamford JCC Performing Arts Director, Meghan Meehan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience teaching (experience with school aged students preferred)
- 10 + years of formal dance training
- Availability to teach weekends
- Must be a team player: someone who communicates openly and can collaborate well with both staff and students
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified, or be available to take a class once employed
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.