Location and Job Title:
Community Engagement Team Shift Supervisor
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: The Community Engagement Team Shift Supervisor is responsible for managing front desk staff according to policies and procedures in the absence of the Community Engagement Team Manager. Provide outstanding customer service to everyone including members, guests and staff.Will be the point person in emergency situations in the absence of the Community Engagement Manager and Membership Director. Supervisor as needed including feedback and direction to service associates.
Work Schedule: Part-time, non-exempt. 29 hours per week including 3 weekends per month
- Serve as supervisor on duty, in the absence of CET Manager and Membership Director
- Required 3 weekends per month and additional needed shifts during the week.
- Ability to handle emergency situations according to York JCC policy and procedure in the absence of management
- Accountable for all monies received and maintaining cash drawer
- Answering phones, completing registrations, conducting tours, make copies, run rosters, "sell" programs closing sales
- Efficiently handling inquires and requests of members, guests and staff
- Professional and respectful behavior to all staff and membership
- Assist in planning and scheduling Front Desk staff meetings, schedules, and reviews
- Reporting to Community Engagement Manager for member service and covering absences on schedule
- Assist in training associates with accurate programing information, updated policies, procedures and accurate reporting
- Keep front desk inventory up to date with forms and supplies
- Maintaining accountability of associates during supervisor shift
- Other duties as needed or assigned
- High School Diploma; Associate's Degree preferred
- Basic Computer Skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- 3-4 years' experience in customer service or sales position
- 1-2 years' experience in supervisory role
- Positively and actively, promote the JCC's mission, membership programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public. Serve as a role model for members and staff demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, and an effective work ethic.
- Be familiar with the mission and vision statements and Core Values of the York JCC. Model the core values while working and communicating with members and staff.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information about staff, and use discretion when sharing any such information within legal confines.
- Vision, Hearing, Speech
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
Minimum physical requirements:
- Vision, Hearing, Speech
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming