Location and Job Title:
Assistant Director of Youth, Camp, and Family Engagement
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
The Assistant Director of Youth, Camp, and Family Engagement is a full-time position responsible for working closely with department staff to plan and implement year-round programs and events for school-age children. Essential functions include: a) working directly with participants and staff to plan, implement, execute and facilitate programs, including summer camp b) responsible for ongoing written and verbal communication with participant families c) working collaboratively with departmental staff and other JCC departments to ensure high quality programs for youth throughout the JCC
- Plan and participate in Mini Camps, School's Out Day, after school, family programming and monthly Saturday evening programs. Includes hiring/supervision of staff, planning of age-appropriate activities, purchasing supplies, and overseeing field trip coordination/supervision, before care, and after care.
- Create, implement, and oversee programming for Summer Camp with Director Youth, Camp, and Family Engagement. Functions include but not limited to: development and oversight of CIT program, management of lunch program (working with chefs, running camp lunch reports, monitoring budget,) providing building coverage when necessary and coordinating/supervising field trips and overnights. Be a resource and role model for campers and staff on camp-related issues.
- Oversee upkeep of the Youth Activity Lounge. This includes maintaining records of supplies needed/purchase and hiring/supervising game room attendants.
- Assist in Nursery School classrooms as needed.
- This position requires regular weekend and evening work.
Salary Range: 45,000 to $55,000
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 + years significant leadership experience in camp/educational environment setting and in supervision of youth and staff.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teachers, co-workers, parents, and children.
- Experience with Google Suite and CampMinder is preferred.
- Positive, friendly, outgoing, and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, dependable, and articulate, and strong work ethic.
- Exhibit professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to accept guidance and supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers and engage in difficult conversations.
- Excellent proficiency in Google Suite and CampMinder is a plus
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Lead by example; follow all NOJCC policies and procedures as defined in the NOJCC Handbook and as directed by Agency leadership.
- Awareness of Judaism, Jewish values, and Jewish cultural norms and traditions is preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certifications required upon start.
Physical requirements may include:
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like.
- Ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, twist
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Ability to work safely both in and around pool
- Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds
Environment Conditions may include: low temperatures, high temperatures, outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind, noisy environments, and outdoor pool/deck environment
$45,000 - $55,000
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.