Location and Job Title:
Director of Outreach & Engagement
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking for a high-energy individual to be the Director of Outreach & Engagement. This senior level position serves as the face of the Mandel JCC in the community and will develop new and innovative ways to engage all audiences. At the Mandel JCC, we believe strongly that while we encourage the community to come to the JCC, deep connections are also built when you meet people where they are. The director will play an integral role in building these relationships within our community by creating engaging opportunities inside and outside the JCC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define, create and launch strategic initiatives that engage the community and promote the Mandel JCC.
- Convene lay and professional leadership from the JCC and other Jewish agencies to develop and implement partnerships, advance thought leadership, share best practices, and create and implement new opportunities for programmatic development within the community.
- Lead efforts to recruit, retain and meaningfully engage the community.
- Develop meaningful programming and engagement opportunities for cohorts with similar interests to connect and build relationships with one another.
- Build rapport with new, prospective community members and foster deeper relationships with existing community members.
- Represent the agency at various community and/or business meetings and events to promote our mission and key programs.
- Coordinate grass roots marketing initiatives across multiple platforms including but not limited to virtual, in person, and event-related.
- Identify and elevate process improvement opportunities to executive leadership that result in positive partner and customer experiences.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN THIS ROLE:
- You have a passion for and/or background in community organizing, community building, and creating unique and meaningful experiences for diverse groups of people;
- You have a demonstrable knowledge of, or strong interest in learning, Jewish history, tradition, and culture;
- You're comfortable cold calling prospects;
- You can think strategically and critically while being detailed and goal-oriented;
- You're a compelling writer; you are skilled at, and enjoy, writing and putting together direct and indirect solicitation materials;
- You're a self-starter and can prioritize and take initiative when needed;
- You're a team player - you display professionalism, strong communication skills and enjoy interfacing with varying levels of professionals and doing outreach/networking across diverse cultural and ethnic groups;
- You're flexible - you're open to the work hours and work location (i.e., Boynton Beach or Palm Beach Gardens campus) needed by the business, including evenings and weekend events as needed;
- You're a productive, engaged multi-tasker - you know how to prioritize, work efficiently, effectively and independently to manage multiple projects and competing tasks and demands in a fast-paced environment;
- You're a relationship builder - you'll work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with colleagues, volunteers, board members, vendors and outside contacts of agency;
- You have a grasp of your community's resources, including but not limited to the Jewish organizational landscape;
- You're driven by the JCC mission of building community and enhancing connection to Jewish life!
- You're a people-person - you're approachable, a good listener, and empathetic; you have extraordinary customer service skills, a great attitude and desire to help others achieve their goals;
45,000 - 55,000
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, healthcare plans and a generous staff discount on JCC programs underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR JCC?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- Pet Discount Program
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Staff Discount on our Programs
Please send your resume and cover note to Samantha Klein, Managing Director at SamanthaK@jcconline.com.
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law.A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual.The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.