Location and Job Title:
Director of Finance
JCC of Mid-Westchester
999 Wilmot Rd
Scarsdale, NY 10583
The Director of Finance is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the agency in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the agency's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the agency's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board, and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the agency by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the agency.
- Establish credibility throughout the agency and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the agency; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree required, or 10 to 15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA certification or MBA a plus
- Non-profit accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Online, or other accounting software required
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial reporting
- Superior attention to detail, with excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
$95,000 - $105,000
JCC Mid-Westchester is dedicated to enriching the community by providing cultural, social, educational, and recreational/fitness programs, human services, and Jewish identity-building opportunities to all people regardless of age, background, religion, or sexual orientation.
We support our community by offering outstanding human services, and educational, cultural, and recreational programs within and beyond our walls. Our programs are grounded in our Jewish values, and we welcome all!
We enrich families, connect friends, strengthen community, and help people lead joyful lives.