Location and Job Title:
Assistant Camp Director
45 Haverford Rd
Wynnewood, PA 19096
The Assistant Camp Director plays a pivotal role in designing and executing camp programs while contributing to the overall management of the camp department. In addition to these responsibilities, the Assistant Camp Director will provide support for JCC-wide programs and events throughout the year.
September to May:
- Evaluate previous summer's processes and develop strategies to enhance efficiency for the upcoming season.
- Research potential partnerships and programs for the upcoming summer.
- Wrap up any outstanding matters from the previous summer, including reviewing camper and staff surveys with the director.
- Adjust marketing materials based on survey feedback.
- Review and update parent and staff handbooks in compliance with ACA and PA regulations.
- Collaborate with the director to ensure all marketing materials accurately represent the upcoming camp seasons (fall, winter, spring, and summer).
- Reconnect with past vendors who provided positive experiences for campers and staff.
- Assist the director in planning and executing camp outreach and retention initiatives.
- Coordinate camp field trips while staying within the allocated budget.
- Maintain communication with hired and returning program staff as necessary.
- Collaborate with the director on the design and content of staff orientation.
- Manage inventory and purchase essential program supplies for the first half of the upcoming summer camp season, adhering to budget constraints.
- Assist in the creation of Morning Lineup and Friday Shabbat programs and potentially delegate in-season responsibilities to an enthusiastic staff member.
- Collaborate with the director to devise a recruitment plan to attract new families to camp.
- Attend recruitment events (staff and camper) outside regular hours.
- Maintain open communication with the director regarding progress on all the above tasks.
May to September:
- Continue communication with hired program staff as needed.
- Assist the director in implementing staff orientation.
- Review plans with program staff and hold them accountable for executing these plans effectively.
- Establish effective, two-way communication systems with each program staff member, offering real-time feedback and scheduling early weekly check-ins to enhance the camper experience.
- Assist the director in managing budgeted expenses for supplies and vendors.
- Support the director in ensuring compliance with PA state and ACA regulations.
- Maintain an open dialogue with the director to update on progress related to the above responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions is advantageous.
- Demonstrated previous experience in program design and implementation.
- Proven experience in supervising multiple staff in a fast-paced environment.
The Kaiserman JCC is located in Wynnewood, PA, in the heart of the Main Line. We are a vibrant Jewish Community, just a few miles from Center City Philadelphia. We are home to the award-winning Camp Kef summer day camp and one of the most respected preschool & kindergarten programs in the region.
The mission of the Kaiserman JCC is to ensure a welcoming and inclusive environment where Jewish values inspire excellent social, recreational, educational, cultural, and humanitarian activities that embrace our identity and connection to Israel. The JCC is committed to serving our entire community and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Since 1971, the Kaiserman JCC has worked to build a vibrant, inclusive, and supportive Jewish community and enhancing and deepening the commitment to Jewish philanthropy. We have also worked with people and partners across the region to nurture Jewish life and learning, help those in need and build connections with Israel and Jews around the world.