Location and Job Title:
Nonprofit Senior Accountant
The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
The Senior Accountant performs a variety of accounting tasks to assist the Finance Director. Responsibilities include executing a variety of financial processes including month-end and year-end closings, compile financial statements, accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, general ledger reviews, forecasting and budgeting. Full time salaried position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Manage the daily activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, fixed asset records, statutory accounting, etc.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Assist with annual Independent Financial Audit.
- Manage reconciliation of Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable.
- Prepare investment schedules.
- Prepare or review journal entries for approval and postings.
- Maintain documentation and files according to financial and accounting procedures.
- Maintain intercompany ledgers.
- Balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum 5 Years Accounting experience.
- Nonprofit experience a plus.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to review work for accuracy and completeness
- Proficient in Windows based software. Strong Excel skills required.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties of this position. Must be able to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with customers, vendors and personnel.
- Able to sit or stand at a desk while using computer and other office technology.
- Occasionally lift medium to heavy objects.
Salary Range:$60,000 - $75,000
65,000 - 75,000
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.