You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Payroll & Accounts Payable Associate
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Kim Young at firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspired by the work we do every day, the JCC is an organization centered by Jewish values and focused on creating meaningful experiences and opportunities to enrich, connect, and positively impact our community.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and welcoming workplace and celebrate the diversity of our employees.
We value all members of our team in a supportive environment in which everyone is treated with appreciation and respect and positioned to do their best work every day.
The Payroll and Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for processing payroll and maintaining employee records on a bi-weekly basis. Provide support to employees and supervisors as needed. Download payroll reports and create new reports as needed.In addition, this person is responsible for processing all invoices for payment, running A/P checks, adding, and maintaining vendors and running reports.
- Responsible for processing 275+ employees on a bi-weekly basis.This amount increases by approximately 150 during the summer. Review payroll register in-depth for accuracy.
- Provide related payroll related reporting and customer service for employees and management staff.
- Ensure that all time sheets and time away request records are correct and authorized.Communicate with supervisors as needed.Enter any "Quick Entry" payroll entries as needed,
- Provide customer support for employees and managers as needed, including password resets, timesheet issues and entitlement balances.
- Download and maintain monthly payroll and tax reports.
- File paperwork into employee folders.
- Cross train as needed.
- Assist with year-end audit and IRS reporting.
- Opens mail daily, stamps date received for all invoices and packing slips.Checks invoice for accuracy, which includes verifying discounts where applicable and eliminating sales tax if includes.
- Distributes invoices electronically to appropriate staff for verification and budget information.Maintains a record of forwarded invoices.
- Processes invoices for payment daily which includes maintaining accurate and current vendor list.
- Once invoices are processed making sure entries are balanced.Informs Controller to check for accuracy and budget coding.After invoices have been entered, files alphabetically in the processed file.
- Runs cash analysis report and reviews invoices that acquire to be processed for payment according to the payment dates.Forwards cash analysis report to the CFO for approval.
- Runs Accounts Payable checks. Mails checks and files check stubs and invoices. Scans invoices and check stubs once checks are produced and saves them on SharePoint.
- Assists vendors and staff in identifying payment problems and inquiries as to payment dates.Also, reviews are done on vendor statements.Requests may be sent to the vendor for invoices not paid from the statement.
- On a yearly basis, deactivate vendors with no activity over the past eighteen months.
- Produces year-end form 1099 for all independent contractors making over $ 600 per year.
- Participates in departmental and agency training, staff meetings, committees, and special events.
- Maintains and enforces agency policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required or directed.
- Increased knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with the ability to use in varied situations.
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- One to three years of work experience.
- Microsoft Office with proficiency in advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organization and time management skills (through flexibility and ability to multi-task)
- Knowledge with Ceridian Dayforce Payroll and MIP or Intacct Non-Profit Accounting software is a plus.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills.Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with staff, members, lay leaders and customers/vendors.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain degree of confidentiality.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.