Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
part of the Event Operations team, the Event Coordinator is the primary
on-site person supporting customer service-driven coordination efforts.
As the point-of-contact and liaison between internal/external clients
and building operations staff, the coordinator will gather detailed
event information from clients, process into event management systems,
and communicate and coordinate event logistics with all the necessary
internal departments while ensuring compliance with JCCSF policies for
successful event experience.
- Manage end-to-end execution of events while always supporting a high-quality end-user experience.
- Advance all the event-related details:
- Identify facility-related services needed to support events and coordinate the delivery of those services.
clear communication between support staff, production, program support,
front desk, security and each department involved to reach a common
goal of a successful event.
and mitigate facility impact: provide alternative plans to lessen or
curtail the adverse impacts of events on space and programs.
- Provide all event details and guidance to day-of House Managers for staffing coordination.
- With input from the client, provide event layout and physical traffic flow diagrams.
- Produce and distribute timely event summaries; get feedback from all the parties involved and adjust as necessary.
vendor logistics for events and manage vendor relationships; become a
resource for others in the building on event-related vendors.
- Invoice associated event costs to clients (after the initial 50% deposit.)
point person to respond to unplanned events that are not
security-related, such as unexpected client visits and event
interactive customer service representative greeting and meeting
clients and vendors upon arrival to ensure they have what they need and
know where they are going.
everyone is keeping a safe environment and all parties (including the
clients) are compliant with the JCCSF's internal policies and procedures
regarding electrical, insurance, license and permit requirements.
- Act as day-of point of contact for managed events, as needed.
- Participate in event debriefs as necessary to suggest improvements for the future.
- Participate in the organization and upkeep of JCCSF event inventory.
- Additional administrative duties, as needed.
- At least one year of event management experience and/or site management experience.
- Experience working corporate and private events including meetings, cocktail parties and sit-down dinners.
- Self-motivated, detail, process and result oriented.
- Highly professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive and positive attitude.
- Ability to problem-solve and work under pressure and time constraints.
- Proven ability to collaborate and serve a diverse community.
to facilitate conversations between service providers and clients at
various levels of event planning and technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of Bay Area event-related resources a plus.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint)
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
STATUS: Benefited, non-exempt, collective bargaining unit position.
CLASSIFICATION: Professional I
HOURS: 40 hours/week. Weekends and evenings as needed per event schedule.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as
possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated
(COVID-19) prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have questions.
COVID SAFETY: The
JCCSF takes staff health very seriously and has aligned all our
operating procedures with the San Francisco Department of Public Health
guidelines. Staff are required to wear masks all day, except while
eating. Our program support teams clean and disinfect our indoor active
spaces after each use, and all public spaces throughout the day.
$30.00 per hour
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).