Location and Job Title:
Senior Director of J Camps
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
The Baltimore JCC is seeking a seasoned and passionate Camp professional to join the Senior Management team and lead the J Camps platform year-round. The Senior Director of J Camps is responsible for retaining and growing enrollment that engages children (age 4-15) during the summer at J Camps and year-round as a part of the J Kids platform. This is an exciting opportunity to evolve and implement an innovative camp platform that provides fulfilling experiences that enable camper success. The position will develop and support a camp culture that is inclusive, welcoming and safe, while being an actively contributing member of JCC leadership in support of the J's mission and goals.
The J Camps platform is founded on the Jewish values of Ruach (Spirit), Tikkun Olam (Repair the World), Hakira (Curiosity), and Kehillah (Community) and is in search of a leader to foster growth, program development, and culture through a Jewish lens.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Retain and Grow enrollment that engages kids during the summer and year round
- Direct, supervise, evaluate, and implement the administration of the J Camps platform.
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis to provide a high level of customer service to program participants, their families, and perspective customers.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to create a dynamic marketing and advertising plan to grow the J Camps and J Kids platforms.
- Supervise the J Kids platform to build a unified marketing approach to all after-school enrichment and related programming for children (age 3-8th grade), while providing a place for campers at the JCC all year.
- Evolve and implement an innovative camp platform that provides fulfilling experiences that enable camper success
- Ensure high quality, consistent and safe programs.
- Maintain proper paperwork for licensing and accreditation of J Camps.
- Creating and monitoring budgets for all camp programs.
- Supports the mental, social and emotional health of the entire camp community.
- Manage outside vendors, consultants and/or partners as required by the JCC.
- Develop and support a camp culture that people want to work in
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate a talented group of seasonal camp and year-round youth department staff as well as peer-supervision to implement programs.
- Leading monthly camp team staff meetings leveraging participation from all facets of the JCC.
- Support the professional growth of supervised staff through regular performance reviews.
- Maintains and enforces agency policies and procedures.
- Be an active contributing member of JCC leadership in support of the JCC's mission and goals
- Participate in Senior Director and JCC leadership team meetings.
- Work and communicate with lay leaders and stakeholders to continue to develop the Camp and Kids platforms at the JCC.
- Participates in departmental and agency training, staff meetings, conferences, committees and special events.
- Represents the JCC on appropriate staff committees and at interagency and professional conferences
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Meet all JCC standards for professionalism in conduct and appearance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors, others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer, talk and hear, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
During the summer, this position requires spending at least 5 hours each day on their feet, 5 hours per day outside, and has the ability to run to opposite ends of the camp facility to address crisis situations.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
1. Demonstrated knowledge and experience being a project manager- creating, directing, and managing programs and events.
2. At least 3-5 years' experience as a day or resident camp director preferred.
3. Minimum 4-year college degree.
4. Understanding of child development.
5. Basic understanding of Jewish culture, values, and traditions.
6. Strong interpersonal, organizational, personal communication skills, and computer skills.
7. Innovative and creative in developing new programming.
8. Demonstrated customer service and public relations skills.
9. Enthusiastic and savvy team player who can collaborate with a range of stakeholders.
10. Experience tracking and reading financial data.
11. Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned.
65,000 - 75,000
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.