Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Lead Teacher
Jewish Community Center of Schenectady
2565 Balltown Rd.
Niskayuna, NY 12309
A Lead Teacher is responsible for executing lesson plans, activities for the day, and for working cooperatively with their Assistant Teacher by providing direction to effectively manage the classroom. A great Lead Teacher is one who takes initiative, is reliable, and is able to easily form relationships with young children. This is a Full-Time 10 month position.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide age appropriate care for each child
- Lead the class by creating a curriculum and providing engaging activities for the students
- Follow the directions and assignments given by the ECE Director and/or Assistant Director
- Help to maintain a well-organized, supervised, safe, and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of the infants or children
- Remain in compliance with OCFS regulations
- Assist children in developing their social and cognitive skills as well as provide them with basic education.
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring problems to the attention of parents
- Keep records of the students' progress, routines, and interests, and keep parents informed about their child's development
- Accept responsibility for specific assignments at the discretion of the Director
- Attend monthly staff meetings and accrue a specified number of training hours
- Participate in the swim program under the direction of the swim instructor
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Associates Degree in Human Services
- Minimum of 1 year of paid or volunteer experience working with children
- Must demonstrate interest in working with young children, parents, and volunteers
- Must demonstrate success in working as member of a team
- Must have effective and strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Must demonstrate ability to work well with young children
- Possess a warm, loving, and nurturing personality
- Familiarity with NYS OCFS regulations preferred
- Must receive clearance by NYS OCFS at the time of hire
- Good physical condition and strength.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Able to walk, squat/kneel, and sit on the floor for extended periods of time
- Able to see, hear, and speak with children to ensure their health and safety
25,000 - 35,000
We offer competitive wages and benefits including health insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, 401k and free membership.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. This job description is to be used as a guideline to describe the current functions and requirements of the position. The job description may change at any time based on business needs and/or job reorganization.
We are an equal opportunity employer. As such, employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.