Location and Job Title:
Group Exercise Coordinator
Bender JCC of Greater Washington
6125 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
Why this role matters:
The Group Exercise Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of the Bender JCC group exercise program and also assists in the scheduling of new members for orientations and personal training. The Group Exercise Coordinator supervises all group exercise staff, programs and services at the JCC to maximize participation, member retention, Center profitability and new member recruiting. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with our community and have a significant impact on the experience of staff, members, and guests.
This is a part-time position, scheduled for 20 hours per week.
To apply for this position, visit www.benderjccgw.org/about-us/jobs/ or send your cover letter and resume directly to email@example.com
- Work in collaboration with the Assistant Director, Health & Fitness to create, maintain and develop the Bender JCC group exercise program.
- Schedule and track progress of all new member participation in Personal Training and Group Exercise.
- Ensure that group exercise areas are in first class condition at all times including the proper amount of necessary equipment, cleanliness and maintenance of equipment, floors, walls, etc. Communicate with housekeeping and facilities personnel to inform them of any issues.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, coach, and supervise all group exercise instructors, making recommendations as needed.
- Communicate regularly with instructors regarding the class schedule.
- Instruct classes in the event of instructor absences when possible.
- Monitor class enrollment and participation weekly through a documented system.
- Address member suggestions and concerns as they arise.
- Create and distribute bi-annual surveys in order to gain participant feedback.
- Implement and manage Quarterly Fitness Challenges.
- Coordinate and manage the fliers for all of our monthly programs.
- Update website, bulletin boards, and monthly newsletter.
- Assist with annual budgeting for the group exercise department.
- Approve payroll as assigned.
- Attend meetings as scheduled and required.
- Work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- In-person work required.
- Supportive. You want the best for those around you and are excited about their accomplishments. You work to create a supportive environment to help colleagues and members thrive.
- Reliable. You arrive on time and show consistency in your work.
- You believe that diversity is a strength. You account for the value of diversity in every aspect of your work and you understand the nuances of diversity that shape the experiences of members and guests.
- Open to feedback. You have a desire and willingness to learn and grow, using feedback as an opportunity for professional development.
- Collaborative. You enjoy learning from and with talented colleagues and are excited to be part of the success of the Bender JCC.
- Communicative. You engage in and understand the importance of effective communication.
- Organized. You are able to handle multiple tasks and show a high level of attention to detail in your work.
- Flexible. Youre comfortable with change in your work environment and schedule.
You should have:
- Physical agility, ability to stand for several hours at a time, and ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to teach a variety of group exercise classes.
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in fitness industry.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Competence on a computer, including the ability to learn and use various database systems.
- Ability to make and execute departmental decisions as needed.
- Ability to maintain current First Aid and CPR/AED certification as required.
- Ability to maintain national Group Fitness Certification (ACE, AFAA, NASM, etc.) as required.
- BS in fitness or related field preferred.
- Ability to perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned.
- Required COVID-19 vaccination.
The Bender JCC of Greater Washington is one of the largest metropolitan JCCs in the country. Our mission is create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
The Bender JCC is a neighborhood a place to feel comfortable, make new friends and meet up with old friends. It is your place to schmooze, work out, learn a new skill, discuss a book, listen to a concert, see a film and much more.