Location and Job Title:
Director of Special Projects Job Description
450 West Nyack Road
West Nyack, NY 10994
40 hours a week
Job Summary:Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, responsible for the management and coordination of arts and culture events.The director works to assure that (1) programming is fulfilling the current needs of our membership and community, (2) that program space is utilized efficiently and effectively and in collaboration with other agency/department programs and (3) the mission and brand of the JCC is fulfilled at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement, and evaluate the following JCC Rockland special projects:
- JCC Rockland Arts, Books and Culture Festival
- JCC Rockland International Jewish Film Festival
- Other projects and programs as assigned.
- Database management for all events.
- Sponsor coordination for all events.
- Manage logistics and flow for all events, including transportation and hotel accommodations when applicable.
- Develop and monitor budgets for all programs and events. Work with Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer on finding funding opportunities for programs and events.
- Outreach to the general community, synagogues and other community organizations.
- Develop collateral pieces utilizing the JCC brand for all events in coordination with Marketing Director.
- Purchase supplies, equipment, and food necessary for events.
- Write copy for emails, newsletters, and website.
- Work closely with chairpeople and lay committees on developing programs.
Responsibilities may be changed as the needs of the JCC change. This would be done with prior consultation with the Chief Operating Officer.
Specialized Skills and Competencies
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Access).
- Excellent communication and verbal skills.
- Excellent organization skills, and the ability to move several projects forward at a time.
Experience with event planning and/or arts programming required. Ability to work nights and weekends on a regular basis.
$55,000 - $65,000