Location and Job Title:
Director of Facilities & Operations
Bender JCC of Greater Washington
6125 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
The Facilities Director (Director) oversees day-to-day facility operations to meet the objectives of the Bender JCC by ensuring that programs and events are delivered in a well-maintained, attractive, safe and secure environment. The Director manages the staff and contractors responsible for facility maintenance, cleanliness, renovation, scheduling, rentals, and security, and serves as a liaison to the Campus Area Maintenance group that oversees common facilities. The Director works with and supports the needs of the Bender JCC's program staff as well as external partners and renters to ensure an excellent customer experience. The Director maintains, updates and provides staff training on the Bender JCC's safety and emergency response plans.
- Ensures the facility is maintained in an appropriate state of readiness for all scheduled programs and events
- Maintains preventative maintenance records and logs
- Negotiates and manages service contracts
- Drafts budgets and reviews monthly expense reports; modifies operations to remain within budgetary limits.
- Coordinates, schedules and supervises all work required for facility improvement, repair, and upgrade, including capital improvements.
- Ensures that all building safety, fire safety, and work procedures are adhered to, including those related to workers compensation, OSHA, health and safety, fire, security and any food service related requirements.
- Supervises Building Maintenance Manager, and Rental and Facility Manager
Organizational policies and procedures for security and safety management
- Serves as the primary focal point for safety and security.
- Ensures assessment, development and updating, as needed, of agency security policies and practices, and emergency response plans, policies and procedures in accordance with best practices and ensures their implementation.
- Ensures implementation of safety & security management plans.
- Creates, updates, and ensures compliance with post orders.
- Supervises and schedules security guard vendors and other contractors.
- Provides safety and security training for staff.
- Provides advice and counsels management on matters relating to employee and property safety and security.
- Participates in pro-active risk management assessments and investigates all safety, security and risk management related issues and incidents.
- Stays abreast of regulatory safety and security standards.
- Oversees all security-related contracts and capital improvements.
General Building Operations
- Serves as liaison to community security director, local law enforcement and fire department, and Department of Homeland Security.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Serves as primary contact and responds to all security and facility related issues.
- Prepares and ensures operations within approved budget.
- Communicates effectively with others, verbally and in writing.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Basic knowledge of modern facility systems (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Access Control, etc.)
- Experience supervising a team and managing contracts/contractors
- Security background with at least 1 year dealing directly with visitors, employees and contractors.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Ability to perform other related duties as needed, required or assigned
- Hands-on experience in building maintenance and repairs
- Financial budgeting and reporting
- Forward-thinking trouble shooter
- Strong organizational and planning Skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- First aid and CPR/AED certification within 1 month of hire
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) - helpful but not required
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to move about the building and grounds throughout the day
- Ability to work at the computer
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed
- Ability to assist staff with building maintenance and repairs on occasion
- COVID-19 vaccination required
Please apply through our website.
85,000 - 95,000
The Bender JCC of Greater Washington is one of the largest metropolitan JCCs in the country. Our mission is create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
The Bender JCC is a neighborhood a place to feel comfortable, make new friends and meet up with old friends. It is your place to schmooze, work out, learn a new skill, discuss a book, listen to a concert, see a film and much more.