Location and Job Title:
I.J. & Jeanne Wagner Jewish Community Center
2 North Medical Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84113
Position: Director of Development
Hours: 40+ hours/week
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The person in this position is responsible for leading the financial resource development efforts of the I.J. and Jeann? Wagner Jewish Community Center. This position encompasses an annual campaign of about $1 million as well as endowment and planned giving campaigns to ensure the growth and future security of this vital community resource.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The key areas of responsibility of the Director of Development include the following:
- Develops and implements the agency campaign plan each year
- Staffs the board fundraising and major fundraising event committees
- Works closely with the board of directors and other community leaders and donors
- Cultivates and nurtures donors as well as does face-to-face solicitations
- Directs annual campaign and affinity programs
- Completes grant proposal process to secure funding from foundations and government agencies
- Directs sponsorship solicitations
- Plans and supervises fundraising and donor appreciation events
- Supervises the financial resource development staff team and the marketing and communications team.
- Manage and increase endowment and planned giving campaigns
- Works in consultation with all departments at the JCC to enhance their ability to serve the community
- Participates in management meetings, as well as other meetings as requested
- Creates and monitors department and marketing budget
- Ensure that fundraising software is used optimally and participate in conversations regarding upgrades and/or changes in fundraising software
Please send cover letter and resume to Andrea Alcabes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Possesses strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Understands the mission of the JCC
- Brings a visionary zeal to the position
- Is an organized self-starter.
- Minimum five years of successful annual campaign experience.Capital Campaign experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of the Jewish Community
I.J. & Jeann? Wagner Jewish Community Center
2 North Medical Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84113
We are a vibrant community center full of people of all ages, faiths and family configurations, coming together in peace to strengthen their minds, bodies and spirits.
Enriching the life of the Jewish community and the community at large by offering educational, cultural and recreational opportunities in a place where people of all backgrounds, cultures and beliefs gather in peace and understanding.