Location and Job Title:
Summer Seasonal Lifaguard
Trager Family JCC
3600 Dutchmans Ln
Louisville, KY 40205
Please apply externally at https://joblinkapply.com/Joblink/1015/Job/Index/39...
- Maintain constant surveillance of the pool areas.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately.
- Knows understands, and consistently applies pool rules and guidelines.
- Maintains current certifications required by The J and local Health Department.
- Perform chemical testing as required by Aquatics Director and Assistant Aquatic Director.
- Attends all staff meetings as required by Aquatics Director and Assistant Aquatic Director.
- Assess situations swiftly and make judicious decisions regarding the safety of swimmers.
- Monitoring designated areas for signs of danger.
- Explaining and enforcing rules, regulations, and policies to ensure safety of patrons.
- Warn swimmers regarding unsafe situations.
- Maintaining order in swimming areas.
- Responding to emergencies and rescuing swimmers in danger or drowning.
- Preform first aid procedures.
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of all areas.
- 16 years of age or older
- Completion of lifeguard training
- First aid and CPR/AED certification at the level of a professional rescuer
- Board of Health work permit
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge:
- Knows appropriate rescues and when to execute them
- Knows CPR, knows how to operate AED, knows appropriate First Aid, and knows how and when to perform these skills
- Knows code system used by The J, how to call a code, and the appropriate response to a code that has been called
- Knows whistle code used by The J, how and when to implement said whistle code
- Knows Emergency Action Plan (EAP) used by The J, how to activate the EAP, and how to respond appropriately to a called EAP
- Knows rules for the Aquatics areas and how to properly enforce them
- Knows how to access and read all required documents related to scheduling, and how to use them properly
We provide a safe aquatic environment to enjoy lap swimming and structured programming, as well as open swim periods for play and relaxation. Certified lifeguards are on duty during all hours of operation, and there is convenient access to locker rooms and showers.