Location and Job Title:
Assistant Sports and Fitness Director
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The Assistant Sports and Fitness Director will provide support for fitness operations, group fitness and sports programs. S/he will serve as JCC Maccabi Assistant Delegation Head and as an integral part of the Fitness team as well as the Camp Davis team.
- Assist fitness & wellness director in tasks as directed to ensure delivery of high-quality experiences to all members
- Assist in planning, organizing, and supervising programs included but not limited to basketball, soccer, pickleball, tennis, gym programming, and special events.
- Serve as Assistant Delegation Head for JCC Maccabi games
- Participate in scheduling staff for fitness floor supervision and group fitness programs
- Perform normal fitness floor job duties as needed and directed and assist in training new staff
- Collaborate with and coordinate with other departments and agencies as needed for program delivery
- Sub and/or teach group fitness classes on occasion as appropriate
- Fill in as supervisor in the absence of the fitness & wellness director and ensure standards are adhered to
- Share in responsibilities for supervision of facilities and program management including attendance at staff meetings and working on budget, ordering equipment, requesting repair services
- Serve as contact person for sport facility rentals, maintaining appropriate records and clear communication with all parties involved and ensuring that usage is properly documented
- Adhere to all JCC and departmental polices and procedures and uphold the Mission of the Gordon JCC
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Harriet Shirley at Harriet@nashvillejcc.org
- BA in recreation, Sports Management, Exercise Science, Physical Education or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in the fitness and/or sports industry. Internships can be included.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED Certification required.
- Experience in working with youth and adults
- Personal training (ACE, ACSM, NSCA, NASM, AFFA) and/or group fitness certifications STRONGLY preferred
- Dependable and punctual
- Excellent customer service skills in order to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with other staff and members
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities, able to multitask and problem-solve efficiently
- Proficient with technology, specifically use of Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn new software programs
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Facility hours: Monday-Thursday 5:30am-8pm, Friday 5:30am-5:45pm, Sat/Sun 8am-5pm.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, and perform manual tasks associated with maintaining a fitness facility and sports programs, both indoors and outdoors
$35,000 - $45,000
The Gordon Jewish Community Center (Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.