Location and Job Title:
45 Haverford Rd
Wynnewood, PA 19096
Reporting to the CAO, the accountant/bookkeeper will primarily record and maintain the company's daily financial transactions.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Benjamin Ellis at email@example.com
- Record and post payroll journal entries into the general ledger
- Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as needed basis
- Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
- Perform account receivable functions including cash receipts/ deposits, collections, and revenue recognition
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work to ensure compliance with applicable standards
- Work with Office manager to ensure guests/visitors are admitted and telephones are answered. Schedule, invoice, and maintain facility rentals. Order supplies as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3-5 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in Sage 50 and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective time management; highly organized and flexible in approach.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficiency with Sage or other accounting software is also desirable.
- Other duties as assigned by the CAO
Kaiserman JCC Competencies:
- Relationally oriented
- Customer centric
- Prioritize the best interest of the agency
$45,000 - $55,000
The Kaiserman JCC is located in Wynnewood, PA, in the heart of the Main Line. We are a vibrant Jewish Community, just a few miles from Center City Philadelphia. We are home to the award-winning Camp Kef summer day camp and one of the most respected preschool & kindergarten programs in the region.
The mission of the Kaiserman JCC is to ensure a welcoming and inclusive environment where Jewish values inspire excellent social, recreational, educational, cultural, and humanitarian activities that embrace our identity and connection to Israel. The JCC is committed to serving our entire community and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Since 1971, the Kaiserman JCC has worked to build a vibrant, inclusive, and supportive Jewish community and enhancing and deepening the commitment to Jewish philanthropy. We have also worked with people and partners across the region to nurture Jewish life and learning, help those in need and build connections with Israel and Jews around the world.