Location and Job Title:
Grant Accounting Specialist
David Posnack JCC
5850 S Pine Island Rd
Davie, FL 33328
SUMMARY: The Grant Accounting Specialist provides fiscal support on grants and is responsible for tracking, inputting and reporting all financial transactions related to grants. Work with and supports the program officers and professional staff in developing, implementing and providing ongoing financial oversight to grants management operations, ensuring the appropriate use and accurate reporting of all financial transactions on grants and grant-related contracts. Perform under limited supervision a wide variety of financial tasks. Their job is to ensure that all financial transactions related to grants are properly accounted for and reported in accordance with relevant grant documents, laws and regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Grant Compliance: Ensure compliance with grant regulations, guidelines, and reporting requirements including monitoring expenditures to align with grant guidelines. Monitoring financial statements to identify problems with collections, reimbursements and/or disbursements.
- Financial Record Keeping: Maintain accurate and detailed financial records related to grant funds, including income, expenditures, and transactions such as journals and ledgers. Prepare monthly budget-versus-actual status reports. Identify issues, concerns and problems and communicate with CFO, supervisors and directors.
- Grant Reporting: Prepare and submit financial reports to regulatory bodies, grantors, or other stakeholders according to specified deadlines. Resolving accounting and reporting issues as necessary.
- Reimbursements: Prepare and submit all requests for grant reimbursements in a timely fashion.
- Documentation and Audit Support: Maintain organized documentation of financial transactions, receipts, invoices, and other relevant records to support audits and reviews.
- Communication: Collaborate with contractors, project managers, finance teams, and grant officers to provide financial information, resolve discrepancies, and address queries related to grant finances.
- Adherence to Policies: Stay updated on changes in grant regulations, accounting principles, and policies affecting grants to ensure compliance and efficient financial management. Understanding specific grant requirements; ensure compliance on contract conditions and assurances; ensure reporting requirements are met.
- Prepare invoices and requests for payments to funding agencies; reconcile grant expenses.
- Primary Contact: Be the primary fiscal contact for sub-recipients and funders
- Customer service: Respond in a timely fashion to phone or email inquiries from staff, vendors, customers, grant organizations and other stakeholders.
- Support program staff as necessary in delivering grant requirements. Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested with an appropriate sense of humor, positive and professional attitude, and team spirit.
- Three to five years of grant administration and accounting. Must have a thorough understanding of accounting and grant management practices and procedures.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization with multiple grant funders.
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and time-management skills required; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Read and interpret financial statements and other financial documents.
- Experience with County, State and/or Federal grants preferred.
$35,000 - $45,000
Set on the 40-acre Nina & Louis Silverman Campus in the heart of southwest Broward County, the David Posnack Jewish Community Center offers a wide variety of educational, cultural, social, recreational and performing arts programs, classes and special events for all ages. We take pride in the quality and variety of programs , services and amenities that we offer to the entire community. We have something for everyone.
XZone Fitness programs
Gymnasiums - JHoops - basketball leagues and academy
State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
90 Free Weekly Fitness Classes - including TRX, Spin, Zumba, etc.
Yoga Studio - Boxing Room
Personal and group training
Sauna and steam rooms
Racquetball and handball courts
Hal's Power Alley Batting Cages - Broward Baseball Academy
JCC Maccabi Games. Hosting Games in 2023
Two pools with heating and cooling capability
Lap swim lanes
Children and Family:
Early Childhood Learning Center
After-school enrichment classes
Camp Kadima summer camp
Giborim special needs summer camp
Giborim United (special needs)
Maccabi Tzair T
Cultural and Performing Arts events
Holocaust Learning Center - Jewish learning
Adult Enrichment classes
Jean Leighton Art Studio
Senior lunch program
Community Action programs