Location and Job Title:
Youth Programs Group Leader
236 Charlotte St
Asheville, NC 28801
Reports To: Youth Programs Director & Associate Director of Youth Programs
FLSA Classification: Seasonal, non-exempt
Pay Rate (hourly): $14-$16.50/hour
Benefits:Seasonal employees enjoy a membership at the JCC's state of the art aquatics center and inclusion in a warm and welcoming center that has served the community for over 80 years.
Job Summary: A Group Leader is chiefly responsible for providing a developmentally appropriate learning experience for the children in their care. Group Leaders works closely with staff and children to create a nurturing support system, aimed at providing each child with the highest level of care and the greatest opportunity for physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth. Group Leaders will help implement the program's vision, as laid out by the director and assistant director.
- Provide constant/appropriate supervision of a group of 10-25 school age children, and take care of their welfare, health and safety
- Engage in positive, developmentally appropriate interactions with children while setting appropriate limits, providing active listening, problem solving and positive redirection
- Tailor classroom activities to children's needs and interests.
- Foster strong classroom community by helping children develop empathy and conflict resolution skills
- Maintain the classroom space to provide safe and engaging learning opportunities that encourage children's participation and comply with licensing requirements
- Ensure compliance with all current NC and DCDEE guidelines within the classroom and outdoors
- Participate in JCC all staff meetings
- Attend any required in-service trainings on an annual basis. All lead Group Leaders are required to participate in at least 15 professional development hours per school year.
- Serve as a role model and help guide and facilitate the mentoring of new Group Leaders and returning Group Leaders.
- Grow ability to co-construct knowledge and understandings through a Jewish lens
- Ability to learn and maintain proper North Carolina child care licensing laws/regulations
- Ability to communicate with Children, Parents, and Peers
- Ability to plan and lead developmentally appropriate activities for children
- Experience supervising children in a group setting
- Experience in Jewish studies strongly preferred
- Health and Safety trainings
- Ability to be actively moving for most of the day
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Paid holidays and weather/emergency related closures?
- Free, confidential counseling services through our Employee Assistance Plan?
- Aquatics membership for employee and their household?
- "Learn to Swim" lessons for employee and their household?
At the Asheville JCC, all are welcome to share in Jewish traditions, values and
culture. The AJCC has been the home for Jewish life in Western North
Carolina since 1940, and today we continue to be a vibrant and diverse
community of people. The Asheville JCC strengthens Jewish identity,
celebrates Jewish culture and builds community through a wide variety of
programs for people from all backgrounds, at every stage of life.