Location and Job Title:
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: The Diversity Manager will provide strategic direction and leadership for the quality, retention and growth of JCC diversity education programs.
- Direct the JCC's Diversity Education Department
- Market, sell, present, and assess the quality of JCC's diversity education menu of services.
- Research, and develop new diversity programs as appropriate to meet the needs of schools, businesses, and organizations, or to address specific diversity issues
- Define opportunities for collaborations and partnerships within the community to support the JCC's diversity efforts as applicable
- Research, develop and implement supplemental funding opportunities for diversity education programs (e.g. Diversity Bag Lunch Sale)
- Work with the PRTF to accomplish the task force's strategic plan objectives
- Write and plan for PRTF newsletter articles
- Serves on the York Inter-Agency Task Force on Civil Tension, and York County Community Against Racism committees; attends community diversity events.
- Maintain diversity education procedure and training manuals
- Create and maintain annual diversity budget; operate in a fiscally sound manner.
- Attend and participate in JCC board and staff meetings
- Be an integral member of the management team.
- Direct administration staff for diversity support
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public.
- Provide excellent WOW customer service to JCC members, staff, and guests by adhering to the JCC Consumer Code of Conduct.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Understand/possess an openness to Jewish religion and traditions
- Serve as integral member of the Leadership Team
- Attend all meetings and events that support the department's main objectives and responsibilities
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership, programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public
- Be familiar with the mission, vision statements, and Core Values of the JCC. Model the Core Values while working and communicating with members and staff
- Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Human Relations, Business, Marketing, Management or similar subject and five years' experience in related field.
- Candidate must have 7 years of professional education and experience in the areas of marketing, program development, presenting, facilitation, and management and knowledge/experience in the following key areas:
- Relationship building, communications, workshop development and delivery, bias-awareness/prejudice reduction training, adult and youth training, budgeting, strategic planning, program development and planning, and collaborations/partnerships.
- Must have strong organizational skills, written/oral presentation skills, and communication skills; enthusiasm/passion for work and the ability to think "visionary" and "out of the box".
45,000 - 55,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming