You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
The J Camps Baltimore Team is seeking a dynamic music and song leader to facilitate sessions during daily music activities and gatherings with campers from ages 4 - Grade 6. Under the supervision of the Program Director, this position will help to create camp community and spirit (Ruach) through integrating new and creative songs into existing camp traditions and performance. This includes infusing music into weekly community Shabbat gatherings with our Camp Rabbi.
The position will run full-time from June 26 to August 18, 2023
Salary (or Salary Range): $4,000 - $5,000
- Camp Orientation
- Sunday, June 11th- 9am-5pm
- Tuesday, June 20- 4pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday, June 21st - 4pm to 8:30pm
- Thursday, June 22nd - 2pm to 8:30pm
- Friday, June 23rd- 12pm to 6pm
- Plan, supervise, and implement music programs and activities for campers age 4 - Grade 6.
- Participate in and lead all-camp activities in mornings or afternoons when scheduled.
- Participate in and lead Shabbat singing on Fridays.
- Integrate new and creative songs and ideas into existing camp traditions.
- Create a safe, supportive, stimulating, and fun environment for campers.
- Provide continuous, direct supervision during structured and unstructured activities.
- Practice personal leadership skills.
- Set clear and consistent limits and resolve behavioral problems with assistance from supervisors.
- Model appropriate behavior for campers.
- Act as a musical resource to camps across the J Camps platform.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Minimum of 2 years of college from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Passionate about working with age 4 - Grade 6
- Experience in leading music sessions with small groups and large audiences
- Knowledge of Jewish music
- Ability to educate and work with diverse populations.
- Experience working in a camp setting a plus.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture a plus
- Plan, supervise, and implement Music programs and activities for campers aged 4 - Grade 6.
- Willingness to follow / give directions and work as a team member.
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and multitask under deadlines.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.