You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Director of Retreats
Berkshire Hills Eisenberg Camp
159 Empire Road
Copake, NY 12516
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Seth Gutkin at email@example.com
Berkshire Hills Eisenberg Camp is a nonprofit Jewish summer camp and retreat center. It is situated on a 640 acre campus in Copake, NY, 2 hours from New York City. Retreat groups of 20 to 300 people are provided with accommodations, facilities, kosher food service, and programming. The retreat center has 80 motel-style private rooms with a capacity of 200, and we also host retreats at our children's camp with a capacity of 350 people. BHEC's Retreats Director will be responsible for the on-site operation of retreats. Retreats run from April 30th
through June 18th
and again from August 14th through September 22nd
. Types of retreat groups frequently include school and synagogue shabbatons, family reunions, dance groups, short camps, weddings, and more. This is a seasonal position. If interested, other camp positions are also available during the summer between retreat seasons.
- Train and supervise staff: Kitchen staff, waiters, housekeepers, maintenance, and lifeguards.
- Primary host of the retreat groups and act as the point-person for all retreats on site.
- Be the liaison between the retreat's group leader and the staff.
- Supervise all aspects of the Retreat Center.
- Schedule staff time off.
- Provide customer service and create lasting relationships between retreat groups and BHEC.
- Create the conditions to offer the best retreat possible for our guests.
- Physically reside on site during the retreat season.
- Serve as a member of the Berkshire Hills leadership team.
- Work cooperatively with the operations director.
- Enthusiastic salesperson
- Warm host
- Strong problem solver
- Detailed oriented planner
- Strong trainer/facilitator
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to work independently
- Caring management style for a staff largely made up of international students.
- Minimum B.A. from an accredited college or university.
- Experience working with Jewish populations and knowledge of Jewish customs.
- Demonstrated successful experience in hospitality and operations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Be comfortable with computer programs (Word, Excel) and be a quick learner with new software
- Summer camp experience a plus
$25,000 - $35,000
While our program is designed to reflect Jewish values, we welcome all children to camp and believe that the values we teach - respect, giving back, community, and charity - benefit everyone. Set in the beautiful Berkshires, our camp provides an idyllic setting for your child's summer of growth and fun.
At Berkshire Hills, your child will find a strong community of friends, be supported by loyal and deeply committed staff, try fun and challenging activities, and become more independent. Whether you are looking for a two week session or a full summer experience, Berkshire Hills has options to fit every family's summer schedule.