Location and Job Title:
Manager on Duty - Metairie Campus
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
Acts as Fitness Center Manager; coordinates to ensure that all operational aspects of the Fitness Center are properly staffed, supplied, and maintained.Also supervises evening and weekend fitness staff, supervises sports and fitness-related programming, and is available to process new memberships.
This is a full-time position.
- 1- year manager experience.
- Manage and supervise all Sports & Wellness Department related programming at the JCC in Metairie during evening, and/or weekend hours scheduled. These programs include, but are not limited to, fitness, sports, and membership.
- Practice high-level of customer service.
- Knowledgeable of exercise programming and equipment.
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Implement fitness-based programming in conjunction with the Wellness Director.
- Direct coordination and day to day supervision of all fitness floor staff, personal trainers, and group exercise class instructors during hours scheduled.
- Ensure that the overall efficiency of the Fitness Staff is met and maintained
- Coordinate with Wellness Director to ensure that the center is properly supplied, maintained, and staffed.
- Close the facility at the end of the day and when necessary, open the facility.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness, and safety of the facility. This will include helping with cleaning and/or laundry duties, empowering staff to make sure that all activities at the JCC are completed in the most safe and secure manner, that all members are checked in at the reception desk and non-members are not allowed to participate in any member-only programming, mandating that all members adhere to all of the JCC's policies and procedures.
- Be available for any emergency and incidence (medical or otherwise) when on duty.
- Substitute for employees when coverage is needed and assume the duties of that staff person.
- Greet, engage, and develop ongoing relationships with members in order to enhance programming.
- Perform Teen-Fit programming.
- Provide fitness orientation with all new members assigned to you.
- Provide tours for potential members, provide information, and sign up new members.
- Ensure that all Fitness Staff follows all policies and procedures that apply to them.
- Work with director to ensure that all programming needs are met for members.
- Relieve receptionist for break times.
- Maintain current AED and CPR certifications.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and able to lift 25 pounds.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.