Location and Job Title:
Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
7900 Northaven Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
The Gymnastics Instructor, under the supervision of the Gymnastics Director, will be responsible for providing instruction to gymnastics students in accordance with the stated purposes and goals of the JCC. Responsibilities will include:
- Work as needed for programming.
- Be punctual and dependable. Arrive 10 minutes prior to class for setting up, communication with your supervisor, and to allow children to enter and get ready for class.
- Act and dress professionally.
- Assist with cleaning the gym after classes. This will require moving all mats to the proper areas (against wall, floor edge).
- Be able to manage your students and keep them off equipment, prior to and at end of class.
- Be able to teach and instruct students about the safety, rules, and regulations pertaining to the program and equipment.
- Be able to safely spot all skills that students perform. Report any areas of safety concern to your supervisor, including equipment. Report any injuries promptly to a director.
- Be able to teach skills in the proper progression and teach proper techniques to students.
- Assist in the instruction of stretching and conditioning.
- Complete all mandatory training designated by your supervisor. This consists of new hire training and ongoing training.
- Be responsible for completing payroll forms and submitting the forms on time.
- Notify your supervisor as soon as you are aware that you may need to miss a class and ask for time off. If approved, it is your responsibility to find a sub & make sure your classes are covered.
- Be consistent in taking attendance for every class. This is vital when evaluating participation in classes, as well as teams.
- Give 100% of your attention to your students. Cell phones should be off and put away at all times in the gym.
- Make sure all of your children are accounted for after class. Do not leave until every child has been picked up. If you must leave, please inform another instructor to watch the children until they are picked up.
- Make sure the gym is never left unattended.
- Make sure the gym is locked (both sets) and stereo is off when you are the last one to leave. If needed, the fitness desk has a key to the gym.
- Maintain a welcoming & professional environment, & be a positive role model for all students.
- Must be innovative, imaginative, & energetic, and strive to provide the best program possible.
- Be loyal to the mission of the JCC and to always project a positive and enthusiastic image toward the JCC and its programs.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
The Aaron Family Jewish Community Center of Dallas brings the community together by providing state-of-the-art facilities and exceptional programs in an inclusive environment defined by Jewish values and culture.