Location and Job Title:
Part-Time Group Leader - Kids Club (Afterschool Program)
760 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
POSITION SUMMARY: The Group Leader will work with a group of children, planning and implementing activities in a manner that motivates and engages children and strengthens their academic and social skills. Competitive Pay.
- Plan and implement activities.
- Develop and maintain an effective system of classroom management that encourages children to develop pro-social behavior and self-discipline.
- Communicate regularly with the Kids Club Office regarding needs for materials and supplies to support the activities.
- Provide homework help as needed.
- Take daily attendance and report absences to the Kids Club Office.
- Report ALL illnesses or injuries to the Kids Club Office and fill out reports if necessary.
- Escort groups of children to and from activities throughout the building.
- Supervise children at all times, as their health and safety is ALWAYS the first priority.
- Attend staff meetings on a monthly basis or as otherwise indicated.
- Attend and participate in staff trainings that will be offered throughout the year.
- College graduate
- Minimum of 1 year working with grade school children preferred
- All employees of JCC MetroWest are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Interested applicants should submit resume to email@example.com
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Welcome to Your JCC!
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs.
Our main facility, the Leon & Toby Cooperman JCC, located in West Orange, NJ, and our 20-acre day-camp, Camp Deeny Riback, located in Flanders, NJ serve the Jewish communities west of NYC, including Essex, Morris, and Union counties.