Location and Job Title:
Assistant Swim Coach
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
We are looking for an assistant swim coach for our team, the Commonpoint Queens Aquaflames. The assistant swim coach will be working directly with the head coach of the team during practices, meets, and workouts. This person must have a passion for working with children and must possess exceptional leadership qualities.2-3 years experience in an aquatics setting or teaching setting is preferred. Must possess a strong understanding of all four swim strokes. Must be USA team certified. Open availability is required during the summer.
This assistant coach would be responsible for helping with general administration and development of the swim program. The assistant coach should build team spirit and enthusiasm. They should maintain a team culture that encourages every swimmer to thrive in the sport, motivates swimmers to achieve their highest potential, in and out of the pool, and engages the parents and community in support of the team vision.
Development and Administration of the Program
- Contribute to and advance the overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics
- Implement and improve the existing programs at the competitive and pre- competitive levels to attract and retain swimmers. Motivate and inspire swimmers to set, meet, and surpass goals.
- Establish an inclusive environment that encourages self- discipline, sportsmanship, accountability, responsibility, and constructive feedback
- Monitor swimmer's progress, including formal written and/ or verbal feedback
- Carry out "dry land" strength training that will complement water training
- Administration of Coaching Staff and Practice Groups
- Lead and perform coaching responsibilities for the assigned practice group
- Provide on- deck training and supervision of practice sessions on a routine basis
- Maintain an up to date understanding of the latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education
- Evaluate swimmer skill level initially and periodically to ensure proper placement in swimming group. Establish and publish the requirements, in terms of age, ability, terms, and commitment, for the admission and participation in the appropriate practice group
- Understand and monitor roster group numbers monthly and as part of the annual registration process to ensure enrollment goals are met and maintained
Leadership Skills and Qualities
- Clear, cooperative and tactful communication style
- Strong personal values including honesty, respect, and integrity,
- Self awareness
- Self motivated
- Manages relationships
- Holds self and others to high standards, fosters a culture of accountability
- Health and Safety are key priorities
- Committed to a team
This person must have a passion for working with children and must possess exceptional leadership qualities. 2-3 years experience in an aquatics setting or teaching setting is preferred. Must possess a strong understanding of all four swim strokes. Must be USA team certified.
Commonpoint Queens - Central Queens
6709 108 Street, Forest Hills, NY 11375