Early Childhood Site Director, West End Synagogue
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The Gordon JCC Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC) is looking for new leadership at West End Synagogue. We are looking for a Site Director to provide leadership and direction to this sweet program which serves up to 30 children from six weeks through five years. Bringing best practices in early childhood education, the Site Director will be responsible for day to day operations, curriculum development and implementation, promoting and nurturing a welcoming and engaging atmosphere, embracing the traditions and relationships of Judaism, and ensuring standards of excellence in each classroom.
The Site Director should possess outstanding communication and problem solving skills and have a passion for working with children and families. S/he must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to work collaboratively with teachers, Gordon JCC staff and West End Synagogue staff, as well as parents and community members. This full-time, full-year position will work independently, yet in cooperation with and support from the Gordon JCC ECLC team and West End Synagogue Leadership.
The Early Childhood Site Director will be responsible for:
* Ensuring a safe, healthy and intellectually stimulating environment for all participants, children, families, and staff, in ECLC-West End Synagogue program.
*Understanding the importance of relationships with our families, from the moment of first contact, to giving a tour, to welcoming children each day, and finally through effective and timely communication with our parents.
* Successful implementation of a developmental, child centered, and constructivist approach to teaching, with both secular and Judaic components, meeting Tennessee Early Learning Developmental Standards and NAEYC principles.
* Supervision of 8 teachers and enrichment specialists, including providing orientation and continuing in-service and professional development.
* Strategic planning of classrooms to embrace the changing demographics and developing norms in early childhood education.
* Compliance with TN DHS licensing requirements, at a 3-star level, including keeping staff and student records up to date and to DHS specifications.
* Development and maintenance of budgets to ensure that programs are effective and performed at a progressively high level with appropriate resources.
* Monitoring and administration of operating procedures for the ECLC-West End Synagogue
* Assuming classroom hours or additional responsibilities in the event of a staff member's absence
* Work with Gordon JCC Marketing department to develop publicity materials for the marketing and recruitment of ECLC participants.
* Work with WES Early Childhood Parent Committee to ensure that the committee is properly staffed, mentored, facilitated and guided by lay leadership.
* Participation in Gordon JCC and West End Synagogue programs and events as assigned.
* Forward thinking and well-versed in current educational theories and early childhood curricula
* Experience within a Reggio Emilia inspired school, highly preferred
* Successful at building strong, mutually respectful relationships
* Demonstrable leadership and supervisory experience
* Bachelor's degree ECE/Education, Master's preferred
* Knowledge of or willingness to learn and embrace Jewish life, traditions and culture, as well as ability to integrate these concepts appropriately in program, environment and with staff
* Strong organizational, writing and speaking skills and talent for articulating the organization's mission and core values
The Gordon JCC Early Childhood Learning Centers embrace families of all backgrounds and cultivate a connection to Jewish values and traditions. With practices rooted in research, our teachers work collaboratively to nurture the gifts of each child, encourage a questioning mind, spark creativity and foster independence.
West End Synagogue, located in the Richland- West End area is a vital, caring, egalitarian, spiritual home, strengthened by its connection to Conservative Judaism, Israel, and the greater community. West End Synagogue members develop and enrich our unique Jewish identities through rituals, holiday celebrations, education, and social action.
The Gordon JCC is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, everyone is welcome to join, play and learn side by side with their Jewish neighbors. Competitive salary and benefits including health insurance, vacation, Center membership and discounts. The Gordon JCC is an equal opportunity employer and you do not have to be Jewish to join our team.