Location and Job Title:
Memory Center Activity Leader (Part-Time)
760 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
JCC MetroWest in West Orange, New Jersey is opening a Center for Seniors with moderate memory impairment and is seeking a part-time Memory Center Activity Leader, who will report to the Memory Center Director.The Activity Leader is a primary member of the activity team.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions of the Job:
- Work with Director on the overall vision and planning of the program
- Follow assignments or instructions as outlined by the Director
- Ability to create group activities
- Provide one-on-one activities if needed based on the interests and ability of the participant
- Lead activities to stimulate socialization and communication
- Engage with new participants to determine interests.
- Form relationships with family and caregivers to better understand the participant.
- Assist in setting up, serving and cleaning up meals.Assist with morning set-up (snacks, morning and afternoon activity supplies). Ensure that participant's personal care is maintained after meals.
- Provide supervision of participants to ensure their safety
- Report all incidents/accidents and changes in client's behavior to the Director
- Perform other related duties and activities as assigned
- This is an18-hour per week position.The schedule is Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to the attention of Miriam Becker, Memory Center Director at email@example.com.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
- Experience working with older adults with moderate memory impairment
- Therapeutic Recreation or related field a plus
- Knowledge of technology, including Microsoft Word and Outlook
Welcome to Your JCC!
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs.
Our main facility, the Leon & Toby Cooperman JCC, located in West Orange, NJ, and our 20-acre day-camp, Camp Deeny Riback, located in Flanders, NJ serve the Jewish communities west of NYC, including Essex, Morris, and Union counties.