The Senior Program Officer of Camp & Youth Programs is part of our core team providing programming for youth and families throughout the year and is responsible for the overall management and operation of our Camps and afterschool programs. . This position is instrumental in ensuring a safe, positive, and memorable experience for participants, staff, and families.
- Collaborate with the camp and youth services directors to design and implement age-appropriate.
- Supervise part-time camp director and after-school director in curriculum development.
- Work closely with the Directors to recruit, interview, hire, train, and manage a team of counselors, specialists, instructors, and support staff for summer Camps and Youth programming.
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to staff members, promoting professional development and teamwork in a positive environment.
- Help to create a community-oriented environment that inspires, motivates, and appreciates staff. o Ensure a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all participants, focusing on their physical, emotional, and social well-being.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience supervising children and staff in multiple settings.
$65,000 - $75,000
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth. If you are passionate about children and have the skills and experience required for this role, we encourage you to apply.The Barry & Florence Friedberg Jewish Community Center has something for everyone at every age! The JCC, a beneficiary agency of UJA-Federation of New York, is a full-service facility serving the South Shore of Long Island with a state-of-the-art fitness center, beautiful indoor pool, teen and adult lounges, early childhood center, and sports-filled gymnasium.