You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Ropes Course Specialist
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
The J Camps Baltimore Team is seeking a dynamic individual to join our ropes course team to facilitate high ropes on the J Camps Adventure Park and low ropes team building elements using approved course methods. Training is provided and continued supervision by a Course Supervisor. This is an amazing opportunity to learn a new skill in an outdoor, fast paced, fun and engaging environment.
This is a fulltime position between June 26 - August 18, 2023. Ropes course and pre-camp training are also required.
- Ropes Course Training
- June 12,13,14th, time TBA
- Camp Orientation
- Facilitate high and low ropes challenge courses using approved course methods.
- Inventory and maintain equipment before and after each event.
- Store equipment properly.
- Review ropes facilitation techniques regularly during the season.
- Review and practice take-down and emergency procedures regularly.
- Judge weather and course conditions appropriately to ensure the safety of participants.
- Safeguard course use with vigilant inspection of all equipment, procedures, facilitators, and participants.
- Relay program rules to participants in a positive manner.
- Work as a team with co-facilitators and visiting teachers.
- Serve as a positive role model to students and other instructors and participants.
- Be physically, mentally, and emotionally present during events.
- Any other duties assigned by the Course Supervisor
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older (preference given to those 21 and over).
- Must be present for all Ropes Course Facilitation training courses (dates stated above).
- Mental and Emotional maturity to create a positive atmosphere for personal experience and growth of participants.
- Physical ability to perform all duties on the course and to actively assist participants in need.
- Ability to educate and work with diverse populations.
- Experience working in a camp setting a plus.
- Willingness to follow / give directions and work as a team member.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and multitask under deadlines.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.