Stamford JCC is seeking an experienced full-time Swim Team Coach, which includes overseeing the Masters swim program. This role encompasses coaching responsibilities, swim meet management, administrative tasks, and other duties delegated by the Aquatics Director. The Head Coach will play a pivotal role in advancing and nurturing both the competitive swim team and the Masters swim programs.
- As the Head Swim Team Coach, the primary objective is to design and implement training programs tailored to swimmers of various ages and skill levels, with a focus on coordinating practice sessions and training programs that prioritize athletic advancement and growth.
- In the role of Masters Swim Coach, responsibilities include providing organized workout plans for adults in our Masters swim program and conducting practice sessions.
- Ensure effective communication with swimmers, parents, and fellow coaching staff.
- Collaborate closely with other coaching staff to maintain a consistent training approach across all age groups.
- Foster a positive, supportive, and inclusive team environment.
- Fulfill any additional responsibilities as directed by the Aquatics Director.
- Prior experience in coaching swim teams.
- Profound expertise in competitive swimming techniques.
- Demonstrated capacity to uphold the highest standards of leadership, sportsmanship, and respect.
- Flexibility to work during evenings, mornings, and weekends in alignment with practice and swim meet schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective interaction with program participants, parents, and members.
- Dedication to promoting a positive attitude, academic achievement, and personal growth among team members.
- Possession of all necessary coaching certifications.
- A high school diploma is required, while a bachelor's degree is preferred.
$45,000 - $55,000
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.