Location and Job Title:
Jewish Life & Culture Associate
Mandel Jewish Community Center of Cleveland
26001 S Woodland Rd
Beachwood, OH 44122
Summary: The Program Associate is responsible for planning and implementing Jewish Life and Culture programs and special events each calendar year, with a special focus on families with young and school aged children. Successful programs are developed through strategic community partnerships, working across Mandel JCC program departments. This is a full-time position of the Jewish Life and Culture Department, working closely with the Arts and Culture Department.
- Development and implementation of Jewish Life Programs including but not limited to:
- Jewish holiday celebrations at The J
- Mitzvah program opportunities
- Special event identification and implementation
- Work collaboratively with current partner organizations in the Jewish community and identify new program partners that meet the strategic needs of the agency to maximize the effectiveness of program initiatives. Existing partner program responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- JNF Tu Bishvat annual community celebration
- JHUB partner programming
- PJ Library partner programming
- JFSA programs for campership families
- Maltz Museum partner programming
- Create a calendar of programs and events and a realistic planning schedule to actualize the programs.
- In collaboration with the Director of JLC work with Mandel JCC program departments to:
- Advise on Jewish Life programs, that enhance the Jewish experience of participants in these programs
- Provide training, support, and partnership to enhance and develop Jewish programs being offered through these departments
- Provide assistance to the Arts and Culture team as needed for other departmental programs.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing department to develop an effective marketing strategy for promotion of programming.
- Oversee individual event budgets to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Work with both Mandel JCC and community lay leadership when necessary.
- Attend weekly supervision and team meetings as appropriate
- Participate in Committee and Board meetings as needed
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Expectations of Employees:
- Support the Mission of the Mandel JCC.
- Serve as a philanthropy culture carrier to help cultivate supportive relationships
- Possess a working knowledge of agency programs and services in order to ensure they the Core Values of The J.
- Represent the Agency respectfully and provide the highest quality of customer service.
- Adhere to The J's code of ethics and avoid any real or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Show respect, understanding and appreciation for the diversity of the Agency's staff, members, and audiences.
- Strive for excellence and serve as a model for others.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Adhere to all Mandel JCC protocols, procedures, rules, and policies.
- Dress professionally as wear Mandel JCC Staff ID badge.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university (preferred but not required)
- Jewish education or any informal Jewish education experience
- Strong knowledge of Jewish culture, heritage, and traditions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of organizational skill necessary to manage multiple concurrent tasks, re-prioritize work, and be flexible while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred but not required.
- Occasional weekend and evening work required.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
$35,000 - $45,000
Mandel Jewish Community Center of Cleveland builds and strengthens Cleveland's entire community by providing exceptional programs and services that enhance Jewish continuity and identity in four key program areas:
1. Fitness, Wellness & Recreation and Aquatics
2. Preschool/Early Childhood Education
3. Camping - Day Camps & Camp Wise Overnight Camp
4. Cultural Arts
Mandel Jewish Community Center of Cleveland connects and strengthens our Jewish community and the greater Cleveland community by providing exceptional programs and services in the following program areas: Fitness, Wellness and Recreation, Preschool/Early Childhood Education, Day Camps and Camp Wise overnight Camps, and Cultural Arts. Membership in this non-profit social service agency is open to all. Mandel JCC receives funding from the Jewish Federation of Cleveland, grants, donations and other public funding sources and has been serving the greater Cleveland community for more than 70 years.